Nkp 3-link Production.

I currently have red/white (84a/87a) and i think I need to go up a bit in durometer, so I run em a bit tight. but i’d rather run em looser.

1 Like

I like how much turn angle and looseness there are with these trucks, but damn I’m getting crazy wobbles. Got thrown off at 35 mph today, should’ve been more careful.

Setup wise I’ve gone up a durometer already (only using the front truck right now). I’ve heard I can play with more preload and crank down on the bushings, how much is too much? Is my only choice after that to lose some steering angle? Should I move up in durometer even more? Currently the steering angle is at the max I think, top hole and below the axle. And for reference I’m 200 lbs no gear.

2 Likes

What’s the setup with your back truck?

1 Like

RKP at 35 ish degrees double barrels. Would you say two 3Links together is more stable?

2 Likes

Since the trucks lean a lot, you do not need a lot of turn to accomplish the radius you are looking for. I have mine set up for forest road riding. Nearly 5 to 10 degrees in the back and mid 30’s up front.

Heh nice I fell on a fire road type trail

But ok good to know, maybe I’ll just have to go lower on the angles.

2 Likes

Yes, to being more stable. One of the great features of the 3-link is that you can have different angles between the back and front trucks allowing for more stability. I currently have 5 degrees in the back and around 38 in the front. I have no issues with taking it up to 40.

1 Like

Ok, sounds good. And with the 3Links is it angle of the rods to the board? Or how should I measure?

3 Likes

Good thing your board didn’t go for a swim

2 Likes
3 Likes

Without any doubt!

1 Like

Dang alright, I gotta hurry and get my setup finished then.

3 Likes

How much you weigh if you don’t mind me asking? I thought white in front was way too loose, ended up moving green to the front. I’m 200lbs no gear. But I also have some shaky legs so, could be skill issue.

2 Likes

So, I moved the rod to the middle hole and tightened up the bushings. Had great results was able to do 38 miles no wobbles, and the lean was still great. But didn’t have enough confidence yet to get back up to 40.

Now I’m wondering if tightening the bushings was sufficient, or if it was both. Going to move the rod back up, likely, to find out.

I hover between 92-94kg (205 pounds) with no gear. My board is only geared to 66km/h (41mph) currently. I can easily do top speed without issues though.

4 Likes

Is that with using a 3link truck in the back?

2 Likes

Just the front right now RKP in the back, be awhile before I can run both on the Northcamp

1 Like

@MoeStooge is this normal? I’m installing the thick brackets on my HD 3-links, and this one seems to have been bent very imprecisely.

Even if the screws are tightened down, the bracket is still clearly the wrong shape.

2 Likes

@Cyanoacrylate A gap before tightening is normal.
With out a doubt, yours is not normal shape.

Message me your e-mail address and ill have a replacement sent today.

11 Likes

What’s the typical 10mm axle nut that goes on these trucks, in order to get a replacement?