Nkp 3-link Production.

HD truck winner will be announced in the June newsletter.

2 Likes

Wow
There’s a stooge newsletter?
How do I sign up?

2 Likes
3 Likes

Love this guy’s geeky analysis of skateboard geometries especially with reference to true LDP (pump not push). Obviously he hasn’t cottoned on to esk8 yet though.
Changing Angles

1 Like

@MoeStooge How do we order the esk8 3-link SRB trucks? I see that they are sold out on the website.

Soon, they moved shop…couple weeks.

Below is from their website.

Team SRB will support existing customers as needed and we will bring inventory back online as we are able to begin processing orders again. Watch for updates on social media and our newsletter.

Cheers,

Moe & Mrs Moe

1 Like

Thanks, I missed that.

2 Likes

Sent a PM to you, yoyo.

1 Like

Should be sorting through boxes and restoring some product back on shelves over the coming weekend.

The Writer of the article was 100% correct about "their " modeling as non functional.

Problem is their model was a poor interpretation and shows a complete midunderstanding of 3-link function.

Super irresponsible.

Swing and a Miss!

13 Likes

Why so negative, jeez

6 Likes

@shuttershock
Its a misiformation “hit piece.”
It by design is to confuse readers with the writers improper mechanical modeling and the hypothesis based on that.
You tell me, what is there to be positive about this.

7 Likes

Yeah 3 sentences into that it started smelling like a bit of a smeer campaign. I havnt personally tried your trucks but I am currently building a board for a customer and he asked for them, hopefully he is cool with me taking a spin around the block on it when I’m done :fire:

6 Likes

I mean it was definitely not what I would call “well written” but it didn’t seem agressive to me. To be fair I skimmed, but still

Saying it’s intentionally confusing people is kind of a stretch - I just think the writer had no clue what he was talking about

Having the conclusion of “idk how this truck works” kind of proves that

3 Likes

He’s going about it the same way a flat-earther tries to argue with someone about the earth being a globe. Because he doesn’t understand the science, it doesn’t work and everyone else is wrong. He basically chalks it up to poor tolerances and sloppy manufacturing (note: I am not saying the 3 link has this, quite the contrary) and using those weak points to get some ‘flex’ and turnability. I’d say it’s a pretty useless article, or at the very least it proves that there is a lot more magical mystical science that Stooge knows that most don’t. If the guy has no clue what he’s talking about, he shouldn’t be writing an article about it. Kind of like someone having an ‘accidental discharge’ with a firearm - it’s not accidental, it’s negligent.

8 Likes

I read what he said a few times, I am not going to try to understand what he is saying…too much snark and not enough pictures and a simple cad animation.

I used the toothpicks to keep my eyes open while reading for the third time…they were not strong enough.

1 Like

I understood what he’s saying, so i got his conundrum. but he spends a lot of time snarking and in the end says he doesn’t understand how they work.

But his model is simpler than what is actually happening. It’s the wrong model. which a rational engineer would have concluded when seeing evidence that they do work but he’s not able to explain it.

Way too much arrogance.

Dunning-Krueger exemplified.

5 Likes

We have had run-ins with this gentleman in the past and confronting him gives him exactly what he craves…drama. He influences very few people and is a complete waste of energy. Time to move on, defending the writer is futile.

13 Likes

Dude is quite, Opinionated for sure.

He can make good content, or he has in the past. But he has a real chip on his shoulder and now that’s kinda the only thing defining his work.

For the past few years his site I think has just been an outlet for when he feels at odds with the community rather than a place to explain what he knows.

6 Likes

It boggles my mind that people still believe the Earth is flat.

3 Likes

Sounds like he may have a personality disorder.