Nkp 3-link Production.

I think what has us all confused is that on a kingpin setup, flipping the orientation of the pivot flips the steering.

But on the NKP trucks, it’s not the orientation that controls that, rather the incline or decline of the links. Whether they go uphill or downhill relative to ground is what flips that.

I think I understand now.

7 Likes

I talked with @Blasto and he said he’s talking with @Arch to sell the trucks and baseplates standalone.

5 Likes

Nah you probably spoke to @Flashgod224, i’m the grumpy one

5 Likes

Was that not you on the esk8 discord?
Did not realize your both called Charles my bad

The smallest company ever that has two Charless :rofl:

9 Likes

WR board Steering was normal. We needed the motors out front to maintain the low Gravity Center. Rods were reversed.
I should get this up and running again.
El Mirage is calling

15 Likes

Hey @ProfoundMagician, there’s two Charles’ at Lacroix just for future reference!

I had a discussion with Alex about it. We’re keeping the truck/hubs/tires combo as is, it’s just how we want to sell it at the moment. We’re planning on offering upgrades for them with our Falcon Gear Drives and the HyperRim’s as well in the coming week.

3 Likes

After I read this, the next line I expected was

And we decided that I’m going to go by “Charley” in all business matters

:rofl:

7 Likes

3-link Mountain board Deck fit.

Deck used has a 35deg front and 30deg rear truck mount surface.

REAR:

Will start with the rear by rotating the truck 180 deg and moving the radius rods to the road side mounting holes. Sets the motor mounts nicely out the back and keeps the rear steer at 10% of the total steering. A standard 35deg mounting surface and lowering the rear ride height will liven up the rear a bit. No mods done to the deck
Or truck for the rear. With the 30deg mount surface, Bar angle will adj 15deg to 0. Add 5deg for a normal 35 deg kick, will make 20to 5def rod angle adj.

FRONT:

35 deg mount angle.
Flipped the axel Radius Rod mounts to the board side and the (RR) baseplate mounts to the roadside. Front Truck mounts standard position no Rotating. Deck Mods. Wheel well clearancing and truck mounting holes moved fwd.
Front steering is very lively with 38 to 52 deg of rod Angle adj.

28 Likes

Does wedging produce the same results on nkp as rkp?

Only the link angle relative to ground affects steering, I think.

4 Likes

All about bar angle to ground line relationship. Yes, Wedging on the 3-link will change the tilt steer ratio.

5 Likes

Yeah thats pretty cool with these trucks, the only thing affecting them is the steering arm angle to the ground. i get it now, thanks!

4 Likes

This is cool!

3 Likes

@MoeStooge Any updates on the open gear drives? :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

What’s the center to center distances on the spur gears?

1 Like

Should have the prototype spurs in 3-4 weeks
All goes good will have available shortly there after.

@moon I’m not sure what you mean by center to center

6 Likes

4 Likes

67/9 is about 58mm

The prototype spurs will be 78/11 @ 68mm
This will be to run with 800kv 8s on 155 mm wheel.

Would expect around 80mm with a 22t pinion

6 Likes

Hey moe question about these. My Race build is being built to be my primary ride so the trampa is getting retired to the mud. I have been wanting to switch them to chains would these wheel sprockets support chains as well? I’m having a hell of a time finding anything stateside.

2 Likes