Nkp 3-link Production.

Spurs and sprockets are very different. Spurs will not support chains. I would not advise running a chain on an electric skateboard unless you can figure a way to slow down the chain speed and make the diameter over diameter larger over the small sprocket. If you gotta have a chain keep your board under 30mph. I think they would work well for off road.
Imagine the chain speed and how many times per second a single link would need to rotate and straighten at 50mph. Short chain, small sprocket and high chain speed is a recipe for a fail and fall.

12 Likes

@MoeStooge When will we know all the possible gear ratios? I plan on converting my build to your drive system including your straight cut gears and I need to know what my options are. Thanks! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Mod1.5 Pinion Off the shelf availability from 11t to 23t
With an 8mm motor shaft.
The 78T spur with a 23t pinion 12s 190kv motor 155 tire will give you an approx 40mph top speed.

If the product tests go well, we will look into a 58 and 67t spur as well. Changing ratio is as easy as changing a pinion.

6 Likes

Any chance you’ll be going lower on the pinions to accommodate higher kv builds?

1 Like

8s 800kv :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

:flushed:

1 Like

I wonder what the optimal setup would be on 16s

2 Likes

16s 200kv 150mm Wheels 75/22

3 Likes

Nice. I may do this but with 190kv since those are easier to find and I rather have more torque than more speed after 45mph. Thanks

2 Likes

16s 190kv 22/78
Seems perfect for the Redember NKP build I have up next. :metal:

7 Likes

HELL YEAH :love_you_gesture:t3: Join the NKP side!

4 Likes

I will never go this fast.lol. This thought is with these motors. https://alienpowersystem.com/shop/brushless-motors/80mm/aps8072s-sensored-bldc-motor-250kv-6000w/

How long will 190kv motors last at 16s?

3 Likes

I’ll let ya know :smiling_imp:

I’m currently running some 230kv on 12s so it’s about 10% less rpm at full voltage but should be comparable to get an idea of reliability. May bring it down to 14s though, the more I think about it

4 Likes

well bioboard sells motors which he says for 18s and they are either 140 or 210kv

It feels like slapped on numbers tbf, but i would love to be proven wrong.

1 Like

dunno but they offer their board to have a 18s battery so i assume they are being realistic

@mackann

Please let me know if this is a dumb way to think about this but why does the RPM matter so much if the only time we would pass the rated RPM is when racing or for short bursts in traffic? I don’t see a regular rider destroying his bearings from RPM alone. 80% of the time you’re riding at speeds(RPM) close to a 12s build. Boards with big drive reductions are a whole different story though.

3 Likes

At least in my instance it will be higher voltage with near same top speed or lower than 12s build. Meaning higher reduction which means higher sustained rpms. At least in my head that’s how it pans out. Higher sustained rpm means higher sustained wear and tear. Might not necessarily be bad for the motor but it may result in a bit shorter of a lifespan. Just spitballing here, I have no idea how much difference it will actually make in the end. That’s what functional testing is for :+1:

2 Likes

what belt drive pulleys fit on 3links with metro wheels? i got a set of the metro 72 t and they are too wide even without widening spacers and they need a different bearing. i think ill probably just wait for gears…

4 Likes