Nkp 3-link Production.

@MoeStooge, what is the specification of the threads for the radius rod double sided adjustment bolts? Trying to get some longer ones/extensions for alternate mounting options.

Imperial makes everything less straight forward lol

4 Likes

the Imperial system: Sort of like an inbred cousin. kind of ugly and a little slow, But shes blood and its not her fault. so now were so used to her she isnt going anywhere.

12 Likes

Best answer!

3 Likes

If we’re talking about the radius rod jack screw. 1/4 -28 rh and lh thread. And curious what you have in mind

And I will add, the ONLY system to put a man on the moon.

7 Likes

MURICA!

3 Likes

I need to use that when the wife bitches about my lack of metric.

4 Likes

I wonder why Decimal time never caught on:

decimal 24-hour 12-hour
0 (midnight) 00:00 12:00 a.m.
1 02:24 2:24 a.m.
2 04:48 4:48 a.m.
3 07:12 7:12 a.m.
4 09:36 9:36 a.m.
5 (noon) 12:00 12:00 p.m.
6 14:24 2:24 p.m.
7 16:48 4:48 p.m.
8 19:12 7:12 p.m.
9 21:36 9:36 p.m
5 Likes

its kinda similar to metric time, but got scratched because they couldn’t build a analog clock on base 100 if I remember right.

Not true. NASA used metric for all functions and calculations, only converting some of them to imperial for readouts since that’s what the pilots were used to.

So it was actually metric that put man on the moon :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Perfect.

I’ll be extendending the jacks crews such that they will on the furthest radius hole with the baseplate bracket reverse mounted. Should allow enough clearance to run the motors out mounted towards the rear with a carvey setup. (still need to take a bit more deck material off the board next to the radius bracket-baseplate holes)

4 Likes

1 Like

Hmm bout the time the Nasa Math disasters due to math errors began.

1 Like

I would suggest running the motors inboard as designed. The more bar angle in the rear the more carvy and unstable the board will become… If you are having motor to board clearance issues with the motors inboard you can remove material from the deck, add a riser pad, setback the truck or all of that. If you do change the geometry of the rear, be sure the axel collar to radius rod mounting bolts are 90deg to the rod centerline and that the rods do not bind or make contact with anything during articulation.

If I were to try motors out the back. I would suggest using the DH configuration with the Esk8 axel and hardware DH setup has a minimal profile.
Axel control with extra width would be a compromise from the standard E-truck but for intents would free up the most space while keeping the geometry Correct.

6 Likes

hahahahahahaha great lmao hahahahaha

@Ahil
I put together a rear 3-link DH base plate setup with the esk8 axel and motor plates mounted out the back.
It is tidy an looks like there is room for small motors while not compromising function.

16 Likes

Time until someone asks if dual 6380 fit in there…

3…
2…
1…

11 Likes

0…
There’s gotta be a way to go NKP rear mount big motor. We have the technology!

3 Likes

one foot long 1/8" motor mount

4 Likes

Reverse link outboard motor mounts on the WR board.

17 Likes