⚠ Nexus Boards UK - Clearance Sale

I’ll look into it but the source of these remotes is extremely well hidden and I don’t know anyone who actually knows the factory they come from, so its difficult to find receivers without remotes for less than the price of just both the remote and receiver.

That being said, I did pick up some mini remotes in the 11.11 sales and might add them to the store, probably for £15 + tax, might be less than shipping from torque boards especially if its was only the receiver you could choose to have it shipped via letter for £0.8

1 Like

If we are paying for both might as well get a spare remote :slight_smile: would be nice to have a UK option for purchasing anyway. As far as I can find only current option comes from overseas.

A dig through ali will find you receivers, they cost about £7. You’re better off buying a whole remote at £14 anyway because the power switch will eventually let you down.

I keep my bound spare remote in my bag, I’ve been stranded once already.

You found receivers for £7? Would you mind linking them, I was under the impression they were quite a lot more :o

Just bumping to let everyone know the new battle hardened motors are live

7 Likes

For VX1, does the base color affect the carbin fiber color?

1 Like

It does!
Actually, I’ll try to demonstrate with a few images.
The film only has grey parts on it, no black. So whatever the base is will show through. Some better than others, usually the more neon the better. Just laying the film over gives an idea, usually the base will show through better when its actually hydrodipped.

The metallic base coat also had the metal flakes, which do show through quite well so the remote is kinda sparkly

Here it is over my pink ass notebook

And over “coco pops yellow”

And finally over this green laundry detergent box

If you want me to spray out one of the colours on cardboard and see what it might look like with the film, let me know and I’ll see what i can do :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wait, wouldn’t carbon fiber block the remote’s signal?

1 Like

Its not real carbon fibre :rofl: (Real CF doesn’t bend around tight corners, so it wouldn’t be possible. But carbon fibre decks exist and I don’t think they have signal blocking issues)
Hydrographics are a special ink printed onto a dissolvable film which wrap around the object you’re dipping. The only additional RF Insulation present on the remotes is a few layers of paint and possibly tiny metal flakes depending on the base coat used.

2 Likes

Well I thought I’d bump my thread, for a few reasons

• Going to be stocking maytech motors starting from a potential group buy in a couple weeks
  • Going to aim to run a group buy every 1~2 months with no profit taken
  • 2020 DH Mounts coming with a couple new colors
  • Obviously now also stocking the VX2 as soon as all GB orders are fulfilled
  • Prices are now reduced a little
  • Now stocking more stuff (Listing now) connectors, wiring, gaskets and other small stuff I can ship anywhere for cheap :slight_smile: (If only there wasn’t a flat fee on all tranactions through paypal!)
11 Likes

Hey all, another update.
As soon as I heard about the BN baseplate issue, I contacted the customers who had them (The first one I sent out actually did have a loose kingpin) - They’ve all be recalled.

All baseplates I now sell will have a dowel pin installed through the kingpin for a mechanical lock (Although it will probably be loctited or epoxied in, it will be obvious is there is an issue as it will come out. I do not expect any issues). I had to buy a pillar drill but it does manage to get through the chromly steel.

Additionally, all boardnamics hangers sold will have cleaned inner and outer threads, and antiseize pre applied to the inside of the hanger (The customer will still have to apply loctite).

17 Likes

Great great great great Scott’s! Nice work @Anubis, EU folks get this guy some business.

4 Likes

Is there a reason why the display of the prices changed? It’s just gbp now, not like before with tax for eu customers.

I am selling under the actual Nexus Boards LTD company and not my EV Repair company, so its no longer VAT registered so I don’t need to charge VAT anymore (But can no longer reclaim it, etc)
i.e all prices went down for EU/UK by ~~20%, (Not the full 20% as I had to repay VAT on the stock I previously had deducted, accounting stuff etc etc)

2 Likes

Just seen this. Maytech-wise will you stock 6355’s?

I am stocking 6374s, the 6355s are only $10 less and given I have the boardnamics trucks that fit the 6374s I’m not sure if I can keep a stock of the 6355s
Maybe if there is interest? the 6374s won’t be here until feb anyway because CNY

1 Like

Ah sure, that makes sense. I for one would be interested in the 6355’s though.

street-wing.com and electricboardsolutions.com stock them, but yeah, I don’t think there are that many setups that won’t work with 6374s but do with Maytech 6355, which are longer than TB or Flipsky’s 6355 motors

3 Likes

The nipple on the end of the motors makes the sealed maytechs pretty difficult to fit on like caliber IIs

2 Likes

Ah, ok. Didn’t know that. Looking forward to the GB’s!