Newbee helical 4GS gear drive!

Isn’t Heath Lewis riding them?

1 Like

Probably hard to find non biased reviewers these days. I imagine @TheBoardGarage would be the least biased of the you tubers?
Maybe @glyphiks or @Venom121212?
I think Al sells BN in AUS? but he tells it like it is as I can see.

10 Likes

ya, i’m only here to break things :joy:

5 Likes

I would love to try these drives but not in a position to just yet. Need to finish the current build and then magic up some funds for the next :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Least-non-biased… soooooooo he’s the most biased? sorry lol

What makes you say that lol why do you think I’m biased?

I only ride BN bc they are they were the best option at the time. Right now I think Jump Drives are top dog.

I’m really looking forward to trying these newbee ones out, especially because they will likely be super quiet and smooth compared to my steel ones.

Anyways - I am honored to be testing them, and I intend to push a first impressions video out on them asap.

Edit: Sidenote, I do intend to attempt to break these, which will involve 9 inch tires and offroading. So stay tuned.

17 Likes

I thought heath rode radium belt drives

2 Likes

I’m not sure if he does reviews on stuff but maybe Zac Petterson since he’s ridden BN street drives before, although he does seem to be mostly doing bike stuff right now

3 Likes

I’m finding that noise is actually a benefit riding steel gears. People are aware of me approaching and are interested / get out of the way. I was pretty much silent on belt drives, and I would not want to go back.

2 Likes

Ngl my belt drives at high tooth counts are typically pretty noisy as well.

I like the noise most of the time as well, but when you’re riding a constant high speed (around 30) the whine can cause ear fatigue. In any case, swapping between the two drives isn’t that difficult overall. I’ll give em a fair shot, minimum 100 miles, and see how they do!

5 Likes

Heath Lewis is running our wheels, idk sponsor him a set, but he is running lacriox truck…which i don’t have clamp for it atm.

1 Like

Zac will testing our gear drive too.

6 Likes

Oofff!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:. Thanks for pointing that out!
That was a typo. I meant that @TheBoardGarage would be the LEAST biased, as is evident in his videos. Sorry for the typo Mario.
There are other YouTubers that appear to be affiliated with other gear drives, like 3DS, apex, etc.

Lol, I don’t think that you would be biased either. Newbee mentioned that you already were a tester.

5 Likes

Will those fit @Savage1 trucks and meepo 165mm racing wheels?

2 Likes

Apex/Luna 22x22 adapter, yes.

2 Likes

Im really interested to see that offroad test. These seem like they would be good for a street carver. I want see how they hold up offroad.

2 Likes

I very much appreciate the nominations folks, it means a lot.

Unfortunately this time I’ll have to decline. The YouTube queue is behind more than usual, and the only board I could put it on is the Proto, and I’d really rather not turn that into a project board. She deserves to be left alone.

If I had another channel truck board, sure, but unfortunately that’s not the case.

Maybe next time. :pray:

Thank you again.

13 Likes

Small clips from last sunday, lol…Official video coming soon.

13 Likes

How’s the freeroll on these drives?
I imagine it’s a bit worse than equivalent two gear drives due to increased friction.

Love the design

1 Like

Dat music lol

5 Likes

I just went to order a set but the delivery was steep, do you have any other options