Newbee helical 4GS gear drive!

we r going derail here, but it was a joke lmao

i don’t even use apple product :rofl:

aaaaaaaand i still can’t view the newbee website lol

2 Likes

Will a link directly to the gear drive work?

1 Like

From were do you send?

1 Like

if only its that easy

2 Likes

Weird? Do you have a VPN? Try change IP to other region

2 Likes

China, approximately 7 days to arrive.

1 Like

changing IP to other country instantly work, that has always been the solution if i want to browse ur webstore

3 Likes

Or you could directly PM me, haha

3 Likes

i will, once im less poor :rofl:

7 Likes

Sorry, It was not a target be rude. The gear drive looks very promising and see potential technical improvement. Just in case that official seller info is talked about mistake, will be better to specifi it more or do not release this kind of information. Unfortunately mistakes happen in development also, just mi experience is, that if professional talking about this info, also talking about corrective action or rework and future improvements that mistake will not repeat.Good luck for all and happy to see new innovated products in eskate :+1:

3 Likes
  • you use threadlocker instead of sleeve retainer on the shaft?
  • in the video, the assmbled drivetrain does not engage the nylock on the axle nut?
1 Like

Fixed gear positions, if implemented correctly, are the way to go for sure. Unless the machine tool being used to machine the housing is VERY old and worn out, (badly worn ball screws, worn out ways or linear bearings), then the position of the bearing seats to each other should be nearly perfect, and no problem at all. Most likely their biggest challenge would be ensuring that the gears themselves are machined or hobbed correctly every time, as pitch diameters can vary ever so slightly due to cutting tool wear.
That said, they already openly shared info that they had some clamps that where wrong, which means that they are doing quality control. :+1:
Having a simple QC fixturing in house,(one that they could simply slide the gear onto a pin located on plate,) that checks the pitch diameter, would provide the piece of mind that everything would be perfect.

16 Likes

For me, the red loctite dose same job as sleeve retainer do, just make sure it full dry up before you run it.

Also…no need engage the axle nut on, the wheel only doing the job help you find proper position for the clamp.

1 Like

These look sick are you gonna send them out to someone to make a review?

2 Likes

Already sent to Pavel, Ryan for review and feedback, if you have someone recommend, let me know, will consider.

7 Likes

Nice :+1:

Will be interesting to see his take on it, since he might be slightly biased towards 3D Servisas drives.

5 Likes

You have any recommendations? we have 2 set of gears left ready to sponsor

@TheBoardGarage want some gears? I know you looooove geardrives

If mario doesnt want i’ll take a set :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I would also pick @TheBoardGarage as a trusted reviewer. :+1:

Possibly @Lee_Wright , although it would be a conflict of interest for him since Apex boards have their own drives, and he’s a busy man. For durability testing I would nominate @poastoast since he rides like a madman, but he doesn’t have any following so it wouldn’t make much business sense. Could be anyone trusted here on the forum for that matter. But again, not sure if necessary.

16 Likes

Lol should be interesting to get both Ryan and Pavels opinions, Ryan for sure has more experimace with BN stuff than 3Ds and vise versa for Pavel.

5 Likes