Newbee helical 4GS gear drive!

If it wasn’t clear, the one on the left is 3.45 and the one on the right is 5.0.

I do miss the quieter sound of these Newbee drives. I’ve been tearing around on 4 Jump Drives recently and they definitely scream in comparison.

1 Like

Their are not
as you can see, by meansure the widest side…here is the size comparison.

3 Likes

How large is the new 44/11 compared to the previous 38/11?

1 Like

It would be sick to see these adapted to work with SRB 3links.

1 Like

It would be sick if SRB wheels could be adapted to work with normal esk8 transmissions

2 Likes

Not to derail this thread but SRB does have an adapter plate that allows you to connect SRB wheels to a belt drive cog.

3D servisas’ finality drives also have a adapter to use SRB wheels.

I’d like to see a enclosed gear drive that works with SRB 3links. For now just running open drives :metal:

4 Likes

They are so far removed from every other esk8 standard, asking for this is asking for a lot.

It would be a whole lot easier if those wheels were to change design to be more compatible with the rest of the industry instead.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

I dont disagree at all, but will point out that a hub separate to the wheel definitely has some legitimacy. You dont see bearing pressed into automotive vehicle wheels for a reason.

2 Likes

I don’t follow

He worded that faulty. He meant that car wheels don’t have the bearings integrated into them like skateboard wheels. They instead have the hub assembly that’s outside of the wheel like what you see with the finality AT set from 3d and SRB airless wheels. The bearings are integrated into the axle and the hub for the wheel has no bearings.

This is just my interpretation of what he said, I could be mistaken.

9 Likes

Not really, the confusion happens because in esk8 the hub(carrier of bearings) is with in the wheel/rim. We’re both not wrong here. So we call them hubs, which a mechanic would be confused by.
Always thought it was weird we call them hubs when my understanding comes from mechanical work, which im not a mechanic until my vehicles break down.

Anyway, the point stands thats its a better system so i don’t blame 3ds/moestooge for going that route instead of sticking with esk8 standards.

3 Likes

38/11 dimension is like 83mm.

2 Likes

Can you show pictures of that?

Is it equally as easy to replace as the old one?

Will we be able to print our own again?

2 Likes

These motors are not compatible, right?

This the new pad, as easy to replace as the old one.

Each order will be included 4, will last for looooong time :no_mouth:

8 Likes
2 Likes

Yup. This.

And if your in IT hub is just a box full of
Ports for cables to plug into :joy:

1 Like

hello friend

any update on urethane drives? :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Since you’re not selling the gen. 4 with trampa 19,5mm clamps, is it possible to bolt on the clamps you sell separately or is there another known workaround to make your drives fit trampa channel trucks? Thank you.

2 Likes