Newbee helical 4GS gear drive!

That sounds insanely complicated and way over the top lmao

How about a decibel meter from 2 ft away lol

2 Likes

Minimum what You can do is to be in sound isolated chamber (recording studio), use decibel meter and decide measuring positions. 1. simulate You on board, 2. 2m from side , 3. etc.

1 Like

Paved, 100m long sound isolated tunnel?

1 Like

Why not:) ech testing should be funny:)

3 Likes

I work at ShinEtsu. I will have to see if i can find some of that grease :laughing:

2 Likes

Anyone keen for our products, now is the cheapest time you can get :wink:

4 Likes

whats the internal dimensions of your esc enclosure i can’t find it/ could a ubox be jamned in there

@Pickled_Monkey I believe it’s 149 x 82 x 26mm. I’m pretty sure a Ubox wouldn’t fit. There’s also the matter of the mounting holes too.

1 Like

This is just an initial reaction.
I have 2 rides on these.
20 miles and 12 miles.

But so far I am totally amazed by my drives.

It is incredibly quiet and smooth.
A+

13 Likes

Awsome build, brother :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Exway coming in hot with yet another Newbee ripoff design :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Spiders are far from unique - it is only natural that after one has the idea, others will follow. It’s the best way to make a swappable joint like this

Newbee was first tho, and they have a great drive. They’ll continue to be a strong contender.

11 Likes

Yep it all has to start somewhere. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I suppose.

3 Likes

Whats the longest motor shaft that works with the 4GS?

1 Like

I believe it is 30mm and was mentioned earlier in this thread.

So I expect I am over 60 miles on these.

And the performance is perfect so far.

I went ahead and ordered a second set to put on the Gravel Boi…

10 Likes

Moving on from the BN drives?

Been super surprised and disappointed with your poor experiences using them. Mine have been perfect the entire 750+ miles I’ve used them. Regreased a couple hundred miles ago and everything on the inside still looks pristine.

These Newbee drives are cool… have you tried the Apex Jump Drives to compare? I’m leaning towards those drives for my next top mount MTB…

5 Likes

30mm, mate.

1 Like

Yeah dude. I had new weird noises with the BN yesterday. Had to turn around… So I am just moving on.
I have not tried anything else as far as AT drives…

4 Likes

My MTB rebuild…
Anyone keen to 3d print the deck spacer for hearo board

here is the file (15% infill,TPU)

hearo deck right.stl (214.6 KB)

15 Likes