Newbee DM1 bearing movement? Help

My hubs all have a slight wiggle to them. Idk if I did something wrong or what, but it’s all of them. Speed rings seem to make it better, but not completely fix it. Waiting on new bearings, but I’m doubtful that will change anything. Anyone else experience this?

1 Like

Not clear to me where the movement is. If you grab the spokes of the wheel and move it in and out along the axle, is there movement? Or is the movement perpendicular to the axle?

It can really only be felt if you rock the hub back and forth.

1 Like

That seems like its just normal play in the bearings then

If you think it’s moving in the bearing seat (mine in my impalers did) you can add just a touch of loctite and it’ll keep em in place. I put a drop of red on each of mine in my latest build

1 Like

Mine have the tiniest bit of play with fast eddy bearings. Nothing I’m super concerned about while riding.

2 Likes

awesome! appreciate it!

1 Like

Uhh, you sure? :grimacing:. That video is making my hands sweat. You can hear it. I’m pretty certain that wiggle is going to develop into more tap and damage the bearings. I’ve had similar things happen on my regular push boards. I also have a set of Dm1s coming, and if they are the same I’m going to be pretty disappointed.

Do you need to force it, or is just wiggling it enough to move it?

1 Like

It takes a bit of force, but not much

1 Like

Without physically seeing OP board to compare to
Mine. I think mine is fine. Its already been thru a couple hundred miles and feels fine to me

Edit: apparently mine is fine. I just figured my nut like a smidge more

3 Likes

additional speed rings don’t eliminate the play?

had a similar issue, once I got my spacer setup dialed in I was able to tighten everything down properly

I’ll have to inspect mine when they arrive. A little worrying all 4 of Cinchs hubs are like that though.

A miss aligned spacer might cause this issue. Speed rings help make it harder for it to wiggle, but will still wiggle with enough force.

@Cinch check your spacers are nice and snug inside the hub and all ligned up with the bearing hole.

Not if the bearings OD don’t fit the seat. Some are loose and some are tight. Out of the 3 sets of hubs I’ve bought from newbee some were a lil loose but not end of the world. And some were tight

1 Like

This doesn’t help much

Red isn’t a type of Loctite

I think the guy he just helped would disagree

sry u can derail me

3 Likes

Do the bearings fall out of the hubs? If they do, that’s not the end of the world. Just use green loctite like 609 or 638 to secure them in.
As far as bearing spacers, I don’t even use them. I put the board its side and very slowly tighten the lock nut while moving the wheel up and down. Once there is no more up/down movement, l leave it there. Bearing spacers that are even 0.1mm to short will result in short bearing life (along with reduced freeroll).
The only issue you may have here that you can’t fix would be axels that are too small in diameter.

2 Likes

The world doesn’t revolve around you. There may be other people this thread helps either now or in the future. Furthermore, typing 271 or whatever descriptor is not any more characters than typing red and is significantly more helpful to readers, some of whom may not be versed in Loctite buying or in with the lingo.

Yep that’ll work too. I was worried using my green would be too much but who knows. I know green and red are pretty similar in certain circumstances (I think I have 638 and 271)

In any case they don’t fall out anymore

2 Likes