New Zealand Builders

Jackpot. Sitting in the garage. Remote too

2 Likes

Simpower does battery packs btw, only problem is that they source their cells which means it’s more expensive. Just for people who don’t want to spot weld their packs.

Good to know. I wonder if you can supply and just pay for spot welding and labor?

1 Like

I’ve tried, but they said no due to their own safety policies regarding sourced cells.

Honestly will probably end up buying a custom made battery pack from overseas and dealing with the duty that’ll come with it :sob: Lipos just aren’t doing it for me anymore.

This sounds a bit extreme… why not go with a locally built pack?

No one builds locally in NZ :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

You just said that Simpower will do it :rofl:

1 Like

They quoted 1.5x more than what skyart quoted with a BMS and shipped :sweat_smile:

Yeah… not doubting Art’s work, but local warranty/support is pretty important.

1 Like

For sure, but they said there’s no warranty since they’re only spot welding the packs and I’ll be soldering the series connectors and adding the BMS sadly. It is what it is tbh

Ill definitely be checking out other professional battery companies around NZ and seeing what they have to offer but ATM options are scarce

Just out of curiosity how much did simpower quote?

Or you get them to do that too. So you can get a warranty on it,?

Hey can anyone recommend places to order parts/batteries to new zealand? I want to build my first Esk8, but it’s looking like it will be cheaper to buy a wowgo at2 or the likes…

Hey bro! Jump on trademe. I picked up some used Samsung 30q and they going awesome. There were some molicel on there the other week

1 Like

2 x lipos from hobbyking Aus warehouse… $67 shipping & took 9 weeks… The pain is real…

Last I heard they aren’t shipping boards or batteries to NZ anymore

My bad, they are now… Just $260USD shipping??? She’ll not be alriiiiite

I’m looking at building either a flipsky or a torque build otherwise… Might be cheaper on shipping…