New Personal EV "Box Board"! - Skateboard Anyone Can Ride!

nah when you let off it would auto slow down, good safety feature. Could even have a seat sensor like a lawn mower for bicc safety.

Basically the first bit of throttle is actually brake

1 Like

But I wanna backwards, currently I can go forward and reverse since turning radius isn’t great at super slow speeds. I guess I could add a shift knob like a car :joy:

1 Like

Meaning there’s no emergency brake? :laughing:

2 Likes

haaha I explained it has a brake for emergencies like when you fall off.

There is no coasting was my idea.

Makes it a bit like a Power wheels lmao

1 Like

Added seat belts, you absolutely cannot fly off the board in any way.

2 Likes

Testing as a single person golf cart. Many uses for an icebox. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Today I took it to the pedal

Sorry it’s on my korean channel. Just leern Korean.

5 Likes

I like your EV which lets people enjoy skateboarding who don’t know how to do this outdoor activity. I expect that your DIY electric skateboard will get much popularity in the coming days since this form of transport will let many handicapped people enjoy skateboarding. However, I would like to know the average speed of your EV? And, another question: is wearing a skateboard helmet is necessary for this e-skateboard?

1 Like

Well today I was riding kinda fast, but felt comfortable cruising around 15mph, I did hit 28mph top speed but that was not full throttle so I think I can do around 32mph. But this is a prototype I think too dangerous for any skateboard to go faster than 20mph. Finally version will be much slower limited to 20mph so people don’t kill themselves. I don’t think helmet is necessary if you go slow but also cops might pull me over without a helmet. But since I have helmet and racing seat belts they usually fine with it.

1 Like

Here’s an updated test, now I can ride pretty stable at 26mph on steep hills:

But still need longer trucks, looks like I need to get MBS wheels as the Flipsky 8-inch don’t fit. UGH.

1 Like

I missed the addition of the seat belt :joy:

Bindingsmgee would be so proud :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Here’s a similar idea https://youtu.be/PY-4K4e5s6w

1 Like

That turned out to be fake. Lol

1 Like

Upgraded with MBS Matrix ii and 8inch hub/wheels also from MBS. With much longer trucks the ride balances much better and super stable at high speeds.

Still WIP. I think I may want to replace the Evo 40 deck with Tramps deck.

Ride today: