New Personal EV "Box Board"! - Skateboard Anyone Can Ride!

It reminds me that a huge iron box and internal combustion engine are not necessary for a single person to move.

1 Like

Upgraded with Evolve 6inch pneumatic wheels! But I think they are actually like 5.75". I am gonna try the 7inch wheels next.

Super comfy ride now off-road but I lose hella torque from smaller Evolve wheel pulley. I might swap out the Flipsky motors with Torqueboard motors next week and see if that helps.

5 Likes

Upgraded with 12s4p 21700 40t battery pack i built last week and 7 inch evolve pneumatic tires.

But i feel the back trucks are still a little too narrow gonna upgrade with mbs 16inch trucks then you cant possiblt fall off ever and more stable.

I am also gonna a kickstarter soon for the Icebox model first as I love riding this to the park everyday where cars cannot to and work from park half the day.

I know this isn’t something most esk8 people would buy but ive had real feedback from real people when i ride this. Many people in wheelchairs always ask me where they cab buy one because wheelchair slow af and heavy af. This only weight 30 pounds, fits in most suv trunks.

What do you think? Tesla killer or no? I feel if a vehicle can get u to places cars cant its a win.

Btw this is nowhere near done just a prototype wip. Thanks for feedback.

6 Likes

Still can’t believe this isn’t an April Fool’s joke. You’re just reinventing mobility scooters with less safety features and worse turning.

6 Likes

Actually very different, much bigger storage than a mobility scooter, offroad capability to get you where they can’t go. It is still skateboard and you use your weight, you have to really try to know what is like to ride one. But thanks for the input I did not expect positive replies on this forum anyways. Again this is not for traditional esk8ers more for non skaters.

If there’s beer in there, I’m ok with it

4 Likes

Kk will sell with beer as an option. :joy:

2 Likes

This. Im all about fun and games and I love weird shit like this, but it’s completely irresponsible of you to say it’s safer and easier to steer than a normal electric skateboard. If you’re designing something for disabled people such as myself, just build an actual disability scooter that’s faster. Actual steering > shifting weight left and right on your ASS. This is literally just a worse version of a top mount build. Again, it is indeed fun as hell to do. It’s a cool gimmick. I saw a dude bolt down a TV screen onto a board and rode it like that. Funny as hell too.

Will I probably build one just to use to take shit to the beach? Fuck yea. But this is NOT safer and easier to steer.

1 Like

I know what it means to sit on a baja and have speed wobbles at 25km/h…

3 Likes

Ew what happened to @Mainsedora? Also, please tell me more :joy:

1 Like

You know about the story. Mainsedora evolved :joy:
You can sit on baja and going full throttle and have the remote in one hand and and the other helps with steering or holding you in place. But the downside is, that you can get speed whopperwobbles on low speeds.
I have a video somewhere. Lemme find it.
Edit: here we go

That’s a good point! When sitting on the board, your weight is more towards the back, so speed wobbles definitely are a thing. I wanted my friends to have an esk8 race while sitting a few weeks back, but even at low speeds it was just impossible :laughing:

2 Likes

In this build, I believe the weight is pretty centered. He added a front plate for his feet. But still. :joy:

2 Likes

I am using trucks that are too narrow but actually going to upgrade to much longer 16 inch trucks then it will be very stable. Also it is safer than a skateboard if I add a seat belt. If vesc or battery fails, you don’t face plant unlike a regular board. Steering has been toughened up, this is using the hardest bushings but with mbs trucks I might be able to get it slightly more tighter. This isn’t for disabled people though although many disabled people can use it.

I think you have to actually ride one, it is much more stable and designed for steering while going slightly faster than crawling. Seriously I think it’s much cooler look than a scooter that make you look like an old hag.

Not sure why some of you guys are so negative, I get like 100 compliments from real people in my city. Maybe you guys need a chill pill bros.

Just upgraded with an armrest chair. Armrest should help steering. Remember this is a prototype nowhere near the final version. And thanks for those who enjoy my stupid invention. I know it’s stupid but it’s sooooo much fun to ride.

5 Likes

You are making a car now…

2 Likes

It is a single person ev basically but still a skateboard. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

haha more like a community EV for parties!

1 Like

For some reason i really enjoy watching this picture though, i can imagine having a relaxing ride in that thing.

1 Like

What do you think about a pedal throttle?

3 Likes

Great idea, then I can be 100% hands-free and check my email and eat ice cream while i ride. But I will need two of these, one for brake too?

1 Like