NEW MOTOR MOUNT DESIGN

Hey guys and girls, I’ve been lurking in shadows for awhile now, and finally recently joined. I really enjoy the forum, and kinda feel like I already know some of you! Anyway… my younger brother got me hooked on this crap, and now I’m addicted like him! Thanks to him always wanting something better for his own use, and me having a full machine shop, (in which I spend way to much time) we started making mounts and parts for his boards, and then started selling them as well.
I’m now building my own board, and incorporating those ideas into it! So, I’m posting some pics, and would love some honest feedback!!!

![image|375x500]

32 Likes

I really like the way your clamps are secured - they look solid and clean!

2 Likes

Looks hella nice. Is that stainless or polished aluminium?

3 Likes

So, we didn’t really like the idea of clamping an adapter to the hanger and then the mount to the hanger. The original plan was machine the exact profile directly into mount, but by brother thought it to be a good idea to go ahead and make different clamp rings for different hangers, that way you could use the same mounts on different set ups cheaply.
The handle in the rear serves several purposes. First, a pull handle to pull these heavy beasts around, 2nd, it ties the mounts together to make them much more ridged, 3rd,
we have molded urethane bumpers that snap into grooves and provide for a “kickstand” of sorts to stand the board on end, lastly, it kinda looks :sunglasses:.

5 Likes

Ridenebula, is that you?

16 Likes

In clamping the mount to the hanger, I didn’t like helicoils and of course not aluminum threads. So I machined pockets to accept lock nuts. The nut is totally contained, no need for a wrench, and not visible from the other side

13 Likes

[quote=“xsynatic, post:5, topic:46955, full:true”]
Ridenebula, is that you?

@xsynatic kind of, yes! @RideNebula is my brother Steve, I’m Phil, and I do all the machining. I am developing the system for diy, and want to get feedback from the community!

18 Likes

Instantly recognized the handle.

The reddit folk really seem to like your product.

10 Likes

It’s aluminum!!

2 Likes

What kind of aluminum?

5 Likes

What country do these ship from?

6 Likes

Why is the thread title in all capital letters?

10 Likes

Oh, sorry about the capital letters!:joy:. Denver, Colorado, US

7 Likes

6061 T6

2 Likes

That looks so fucking cool!! Which trucks are you planning to support?

Oh and are you planning on making your own trucks? I don’t recognize those in your pictures.

Do those capital letters offend your viewing pleasure?

3 Likes

Why is the handle so far from motors? Seems unnecessarily long

1 Like

all trucks. I’ve made insert rings for caliber 2, matrix 2’s, torqueboards, and my own hanger, but any profile hanger really. Personally, for my build, which is on an EVO 40, I’m NOT gonna use a clamp ring. I figured out the angle I want it, so I’m gonna machine the profile directly into the mount itself.
As for the truck, or hanger you see pictured, that’s what I Made for me. It’s a little thick, 22mm cross section, then necked down to accommodate the motor mount. I’m still riding it and testing out. It fits a caliber base, but am gonna machine my own base, with integrated cable management.

6 Likes

@cfelzien,
When I said I feel like I know some of you guys
@b264 was one of them. I’ve read many of his posts, and respect his feedback.

9 Likes