New Lacroix Model -> Nazare

Oh oh, make a “cloudbreak” board. Speed and in a deceptively small package :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

I’ve never even ridden a electric skateboard but love snowboarding and wanted to be able to experience it all year. So I bought the nazare lonestar, it should be here next week. I can’t wait, but I’m curious if I should look into bindings to give it a more snowboard feel. Opinions?

8 Likes

Absolutely yes but get comfortable without them first. A tumble in bindings on road is no fun.

That being said, get mbs F5s. They’re the best and you can carve so nicely.

8 Likes

Like hospital ER dept level of “no fun”.

4 Likes

Don’t forget to dismount the enclosure before you start drilling holes for the screws :joy:
Ride it out before you add the bindings. I have a feeling that with the grip tape, you might end up loving it as is.

2 Likes

MBS F5 bindings are also my choice for off road. But if you’re going to actually ride on the street, around cars, I’d consider looking into a set of Yobi’s or Freebord S2 “bindings”. I love how full bindings feel on my eATsk8, but I’m pretty paranoid about the possibility of getting hit by a car while strapped to the board. I think you can do a little thought experiment and realize how bad that scenario could be. At least with the Yobi’s and S2’s, you can detach from the board easily in an emergency.

https://www.skaterhq.com.au/freebord-s2-bindings.html

6 Likes

Go big or go home! That’s the nicest first board I’ve heard of in a long time. Welcome to the fam!

6 Likes

Do you not like riding with just the front bindings loose? I do that on road so I can hop out when I need to.

2 Likes

I haven’t been tightening my bindings as much lately. It’s still enough that I can comfortably jump my board and stay locked in otherwise. I got tossed forward out of my bindings the other day. They were fairly tight but I am glad my rear foot just slipped out of my shoe… the twisting hurt my ankle a bit though. Front foot stayed stuck. Next time I’d like to be able to slip out of my shoes a tad bit easier. F5 are great for still feeling locked in even if they’re not super tight. :+1:

1 Like

I don’t really like my bindings too loose, but I also don’t have issues jumping out when necessary, without heel straps, obviously. It’s more about the paranoia of getting hit by a car when you don’t expect it, and instead of getting thrown off the board, getting plowed over by the car cause you’re still stuck in the bindings. I almost got hit by a car in a crosswalk in bindings once when they ran a red light, and I realized how much worse the outcome could be because of the bindings.

3 Likes

Yeah I feel my perspective would be much different if I rode in city streets.

1 Like

I live in the middle of nowhere so ill be riding a mixture of road and so.e offroad, Ill try without the bindings first. I guessing the extra wide board will give me more stability. Plus I got to thinking about it and I’ll be on log roads alot, and sliding out in gravel would suck with bindings. Any suggestions on adding more clearance, bigger tires etc…

Do you know the port type?

1 Like

For what?
Cnlinko lp-20?

Yes! But oh my god theres so many.

I just wanted to be able to use a Lacroix charger on my next build

3 Likes

This one

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I assume this is the charger side of the cable, no?

Yup. You can buy here :point_down:t2::wink:

1 Like

gah! I almost gave money to amazon!

3 Likes