New focbox unity wont turn on

So I just finished building my setup 12s2p backfire 346 wh battery with 2 torqueboard motors. I was riding today and noticrd that when i go too fast the motor just stops all the sudden and i have to jump off or if the torque gets to high same issue happens. I assumed it was because the battery max output was to low so i made the discharge current 80a inatead of the usual 60. But this time same thing happened but the unity just won’t turn on at all. Any idea whats happening and what i can do to fix it?

2 Likes

What’s Your motor setting?

What did you change to 80A?

1 Like

pic of the wiring job?

2 Likes

Anyone know where i can send to get it fixed. Im so sad. I Was having so much fun :sob:

1 Like

Max motor current setting was 80a just like the max battery current. And brake was -30a just liKe the max regen current

Both max battery discharge current and max motor current

Have you tried connecting a switch or are you only using roll-to-start?

Was it ever accidentally connected to the battery with reverse polarity?

1 Like

I havent tried that but ill give it a shot right now. And not sure what reverse polarit means

Reverse polarity means switching the red and black wires by accident.

1 Like

You would’ve noticed reverse polarity. Big spark probably involving small amounts of soiled underpants

1 Like

No that has not evee happened. And I tried using a seperate switch. Didn’t work. All that soldering for nothing :sob:

Adding a switch shouldn’t involve soldering

Connect these two pins together, labeled “MOM”, and make sure not to touch any of the other ones.

Does it turn on then?

How do I do that? Im sorry for being dumb

This is a bit concerning as well. What cells is the pack made of?

Put a piece of metal (i.e thin screwdriver) between the two to create a flow of electricity between the 2 pins. @b264 might have suggestions on what kind of tool to use

1 Like

21700 cell

1 Like

Which cells? 21700 doesn’t really tell me anything. P42A would allow you to safely discharge a 2p pack at 80A but I wouldn’t push many low current cells that high, degrades cell life fast

12s2p 346wh