New focbox unity wont turn on

Do you know which specific cells make up the 12s2p configuration?

2 Likes

That’s like saying

“What car do you have?”

“The one with 4 wheels”

2 Likes

Hahaahah Im sorry. https://backfireboardsusa.com/collections/upgrade-kits/products/electric-skateboard-battery-for-backfire-g3?variant=31219144818819 its the 346 wh one

China companies are notorious for leaving that information out.

1 Like

Yeah goddamn all they say on their website is 21700, but it looks like they’re using 40T in the G3 plus battery and 30T in the regular G3 battery

1 Like

I hear

“a car wth 4 wheels”

“the one that holds 15 gallons of fuel”

When we’re asking what make and model it is.

3 Likes

Hmm should i email them for more info?

I found it, refer here

Granted this is 2 years old so it could be outdated, but this is what I’m looking at as key information:

2 Likes

Yeah looks like it says max output is 70a and i put it at 80a…

2 Likes

Yep! Multiply the individual cell’s max rated current (found on google) and multiply by the amount of P groups in your pack. That’s my rule of thumb for battery max amps

So what can i do from here

1 Like

Honestly I don’t know. The “new” focbox unity is notorious for having shit QC so you could have gotten a bad unit, in which case you’re pretty much fucked. I would try to short the 2 pins Brian (@b264) told you to and see if that turns it on. Drop your battery max for next time though

2 Likes

Ok I still have no clue how to do that. Could you help explain how to put the 2 moms together

Put some sort of conductor touching the two pins and only those two pins detailed in the picture Brian sent. A thin screwdriver should do the trick. Anyone who has a better method for shorting pins is free to jump in here, I’ve only done this on applications outside of ESCs so don’t want to give information that wouldn’t apply to a unity.

2 Likes

The easiest way is to simply plug in the switch that should have come with the Unity.

1 Like

Yeah it did not work. I am going to see if I can warranty it since its brand new. What kind of vesc should i get in the future instead of the unity? Thanks for all the help

1 Like

Xenith for same price point, Stormcore 60D for quality control, good CS, and good QC.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Remove the silicone cover and check if this component has a burn mark on it

2 Likes

Have you checked to make sure your battery isn’t dead? If you overdid it on the battery settings, thats probably the issue. Does the board charge? Do you have a multimeter to check voltages?

2 Likes