New Flipsky fsesc 6.7 70A?

… a more cynical your getting discounts for being ‘v1 customer testers’ :joy:

4 Likes

Yall probably wait to see Lee’s review before purchasing but I am optimistic about it too

Flipsky has had some solid reviews in the past, people with thousands of miles and no issues, but you can’t ignore the many people that have had failures. I’ve heard the 6.6 versions are quite solid, but this new one I think will hold up much closer to their actual ratings that they put on the site versus the old ones.

5 Likes

Both my 6.6 FSESC dual and 4.20 singles (upgraded resistors) are still running strong. Your mileage may vary.

7 Likes

How hard do you think you could run that dual flipsky vesc? Maybe like 70a each side?
Edit: Wait, does flipsky mean 140a for both sides? I guess that would make sense considering their single version is 70a rated

The question is, are all the ones in that batch just as good as serial number whatever that you got?

2 Likes

For the record, the two Flipksy Mini FSESC 4.20 in the Green One have had ZERO ISSUES and I ride it all the time. But I also run them at 10S and 21.5A battery max per ESC.

3 Likes

This is always the issue with being sent stuff to review and it’s something I have touched upon in the video. I can’t answer that question in all honesty.

2 Likes

From my side, i jus ordered the dual one with a good promotion on aliexpress (€155)

I have the 6.6 and issue. I think flipsky is not new on this market and after they sold sufficient quantities the price will increase significantly.

With the actual price of components, it is maybe time to try or regret after

1 Like

Agreed, even 1/2 the rating…depending on the available cooling.

At 70A it’s creating at least 5W of heat. Even more if the BEC is being used. That is a LOT of heat for such a small setup.

The connector layout on these looks very similar to the new hobbyking esc’s :thinking:

1 Like

Welcome to buy from Earktech to have special price, US $75.59 included free shipping, FLIPSKY 4 13S Lipo ESC Speed Control Mini FSESC6.7 70A base on VESC®6.6 with Aluminum Anodized Heat Sink for Electric Skateboard|Parts & Accessories| - AliExpress(the link will be deleted if this is not allowed to share here)

Here is the review I was talking about. I was lucky enough to be sent a couple of 4.2 Smart ESC’s to review so I did my best to cover all aspects of it including thermal testing

7 Likes

Did you get Trampa’s permission to make that video, Lee?

6 Likes

Who?

In a slight plot twist Ben Vedder did help me with some of the VESC tool nuances for testing dual motors with the FOC_openloop command, which was really nice of him.

9 Likes

I just purchased a FS6.7 70A to temporarily replace a TB6 I accidentally fried. It’s going in a 63100 single belt drive. Once I have a chance to test it out I’ll let you guys know how it performs.

Edit: the plan is to run it at around 40amps from a 12S4P 30q pack.

2 Likes

Enclosed the product size picture and wiring diagram here for your reference:
f7d7c897f798fc44c391847188c3ac79_1800x1800
f4b3da9554de4e60ffd11b8edcb16ff8_3fc3b389-2d87-4cb6-890e-a1d3a3f879c2_1024x1024

I bought two to replace my 6S car esc on my Willozboard. I’ll say how they perform too.

When you’ve been used to 12S for years, you can not get back to 6S ESCs…

1 Like

Okay now this is what I was talking about when I mentioned an alright ESC for an alright price. Now just wait for a sale for the dual version to go for 120-135$ and its mine.

Why not two singles? Especially with Flipsky…

1 Like

I guess it does make sense to have two, I do already have a can bus cable… I just like the uniformity of having a single ESC visually and in the VESC tool. We will see… I do need to change out my BMS as its 80a max regardelss so even my 4.12’s are bottlenecked.