New build won't go over 5mph

Not sure what you mean. My Amazon order number? That’s where I bought the battery in question

Whats the model? Vesc 6, six plus, mkIII or MK IV?

The VESC used with the battery in my OP is 2 x Maytech superfoc 6.8 (was originally 4 x superfoc 6.8 for 4wd solution)

That’s not a VESC, it’s an ESC that is compatible with VESC Tool

He’s going to tell you you can’t use the word term VESC for products that aren’t Trampa VESCs

1 Like

@b264
@Jujo

What do you mean, it’s like a trademarked term, or something?

My understanding was that Benjamin Veddar was the one who “owned” that. Sorry for the lack of better wording.

Yea, I’ll let @Trampa explain though

2 Likes

VESC is the trademarked name of a product that only Trampa sells.

ESC is a motor controller.

ESC, based on the VESC Project or ESC compatible with VESC Tool or just simply “SuperFOC” would describe that Maytech offering.

1 Like

@Jujo
@Trampa
@b264
It’s all good, just a name really. Sorry If I infringed on copyright wording. What matters to me is compatibility with the VESC tool as well as the ESC’s superfoc 6.8 are not pieces of shit like the dual and mini dual 6.0’s put out by FlipShit. What garbage those devices are! Christ! And their after purchase support? A friggin joke!

Some guys on this forum actually suggested Maytech, maybe not the superfoc explicitly but Maytech nonetheless.

3 Likes

I actuslly had noticed that the word ESC was being used by most if not all of the Chinese companies making speed controllers. I realize Maytech is Chinese but I tend to classify them in with American products since they seem to be built with decent quality. I have six of them just as I started off with six FlipShits. All but one of my dual flipshits are now dead conversely all of my Maytechs are still as strong as the day I got them.

Lesson to noobs, I hate drawing attention to myself as the punching bag of stupidity but if my mistakes can help you make better buying decisions then I guess redemption has it’s price. Don’t fuck around with cheap shit. If it is cheaper than the mainstream and the rest it is for a good reason.

As a couple of members in this forum and even in this string of posts have said:

Pay now or pay later, but you will pay.

And to give credit where credit is due I believe this came from @bwahl602 :

2 Likes

OK, so its a third party product and not a VESC. You need to sort that out with the seller or manufacturer.

You can try to connect via android and do the wizards again, using the latest FW If the device does not work as expected, it’s probably defective HW.

In 2016, Sony sold off their battery division to Murata. Same cells, different parent corp. VTC series cells were never made by Sanyo.

2 Likes

So in your opinion are they legit?

The reviews and technical data I came across indicated that they were as well as I’ve seen more than a few members here say that’s what they were using in their battery builds. Pretty much why I went with them.

Legit as can be my dude, the one and only originals.

Reject shampoo! Demand real poo!

3 Likes