New Build Kit Board 150mm Flat Profile Tires

I use this Amazon.com
Its what’s recommended by Land Surf

3 Likes

I use the same.

1 Like

Efff just tore through another tube, Hota, tonight riding with @Shadowfax. Going to try this talc powder thing and if that doesn’t work maybe try going back to standard width rims. And if that doesn’t work man idk.

1 Like

Blew the tube right when I started getting super carvy lol. It went 15 miles just fine to light carving.

What are some good quality metal hubs I could use with these wheels?

Do you want to stretch it or no?

1 Like

Not really

I added some additional links at the bottom of that premium metal hubs thread. The BN GT3 hubs only add a bit more stretch, less than the Hubba-hubs I’m currently running. So, I’m thinking that might be just the right amount for these tires. Anyways ordered some and will see

2 Likes

Do you know of any metal hubs that have the evolve hub 5 bolt spacing/pattern?

Not sure. Why’re you looking for that pattern specifically?

1 Like

There’s a couple custom pulleys I have fabricated and sought out that are Evolve pattern.

1 Like

Purely a guess but maybe the Trampa hubs with 5 bolt patterns would?

1 Like

@Razillian @fujio001 The Hota tubes are now holding up after covering them in tire talc. I did also spread the powder inside the tire as well. Did two 12 miles sessions last two nights, hoping this means it’s good to go.

3 Likes

Are you still running them stretched?

4 Likes

Newbee m1 rims

5 Likes

Had my first flat on one of these tires, valve stem ripped off

Only made it to about 20 miles

3 Likes

Yeah still running them stretched, waiting on some GT3s.

@ShutterShock yup the valve stems don’t look like they’re attached very well. You got farther than I did lol

2 Likes

Ya this was in a Tanuki hub too haha

The tire blew and then the wheel cracked shortly after

2 Likes

Actually I’m slightly surprised the hub cracked. The sidewall is so stiff I was able to ride for a bit before noticing, and get back home on it lol. Did you hit a crack or something?

1 Like

I have no idea when the crack or blow happened exactly.

I did go over some railroad tracks and I suspect it’s possible it blew shortly after. But then I think I rode at least 2 miles before noticing