New 6374 motor from Flipsky

Hi guys,I just find that there is a new look 6374 motor in Flipsky store.

Anyone who has tried this? What’s the difference with the previous 6374?

As I can see , the color is special,which definitely makes board sick:

1 Like

Yeah double the price of their standard motor and more expensive then a Tb one

1 Like

Is the rotor (magnet can) keyed to the shaft with a 3mm key?

Are the magnets affixed with epoxy that’s flush to the magnet surface? (“battle hardened”)

Do you have a photo of the inside?

Are the bearings ceramic?

3 Likes

This is the best info I can dig up.

2 Likes

Yeah, this one is cheaper a lot. Thanks.

It looks like the rotor is held on only by two tiny grubscrews, which is super lame.

Unless they have drilled the shaft and there is a roll pin or something in there, but you’d think they would mention that if it were the case.

No doubt this will come loose over time.

2 Likes

Theyre good and no loose shafts

Installing sensors was a pain in the ass.

@b264 check discord

The set screws are loctited, I cant removed them. I am guessing there is a flat edge like on TB motors.

7 Likes

very curvy magnets :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

looks like the magnets are the wrong way around maybe?

12 Likes

Smoother ride at the cost of higher kv and a having to bodge the hall sensors to make them work. The sensors need extend into the stator to work properly. Or the can needs to be seated further down.

3 Likes

Did you see the latest maytechs have what looks like fully battle hardened can and a key to locate the shaft on the can?

6 Likes

They overheat like crazy too :).

2 Likes

Do they not come with sensors? Listing on Flipsky says they do. Overall impressions of the motors yet?

No visible signs of epoxy Between the magnets. Too clean is no good :rofl:

1 Like

the ones shipped from Flipsky should have sensors.

If there were, the motor would probably run aground xD. I’ve been running these forever in my build without issues. They have pretty decent retaining rings in them. Probably not the best idea to put them in an offroad build though.

Has anyone in the US bought anything from flipsky recently? I am wondering what shipping times are looking like

5 Likes

I would not pay that for a Flipsky motor lol. The color scheme is also not as “classy looking” imo

2 Likes

@stan :smile:
you tested these out right?

2 Likes

Yup

5 Likes