Neumotors in San Diego

Don’t mind @PixelatedPolyeurthan text :joy:

5 Likes

Shoot. I might have to take out a second mortgage on the house so I can give these motors a try.

But in reality, if the motors are kicking out double the power of a typical maytech 63** then its somewhat justified. Granted these things are sturdy and hold up over time. That would determine full justification…

3 Likes

I like how you muted him :rofl:
Matt has to be the most butthurt passive aggressive guy I’ve ever “met”.

Cool motors tho

3 Likes

Double the power rating? I doubt it. Would have to have half the resistance at the same kv and therefore produce half the heat. Or they’re maybe setting the temp limit of the motor super high, which would make sense with those super high heat ability magnets, but running a motor high temps is more inefficient and the adhesives breakdown and the 180c rated magnet wire will greatly decrease its life before it shorts through.

The kv and the resistance telling the motors torque to heat production and bet with the weak magnets it’s not going to be much if any better than typical motors. They don’t show any special sauce.

6 Likes

The “Turbine” motors are substantially larger. So it wouldnt be too far fetched to have much stronger performance than a maytech? I think the stator for Xcell motor is larger than the can of a maytech at least in diameter. 65x42 being the actual stator size compared to outside dimensions others list

3 Likes

Also if it is miles better it is actually also lighter than a lot of 63mm OD motors

6542 is 969g according to their website
MT 6396 is 1220g
Reacher 6384 1138g
Turnigy 6374 SK8 943g

7 Likes

Dude, fucking hit em up again. I’d give those 6542 motors a twirl if they were each $140 + plus reasonable for you profit.

4 Likes

I’ll take 4 at that price if you can get them around the 140kv range.

I’ve sent several emails so it’s pretty clear they don’t want my business. Sounds like conflict of interest so it’s a no go.

5 Likes

I’ll shoot them an email on Monday and ask if they’re selling Landsurf’s motor wholesale or it’s an exclusive deal.

5 Likes

@Boardnamics It’s not the response I was hoping for, but I got a response.

5 Likes

Maybe if they make us a different kV than the landsurf all would be good?

4 Likes

160kv let’s goooooo

3 Likes

I was thinking we could change something like the shaft length and diameter.

The Land Surf motors have 10mm shaft. Don’t we mostly use 8mm shaft ?

4 Likes

150 or 160kv, 8mm shaft, shaft only stick out 22mm :drooling_face:

5 Likes

I specifically said I wanted something different than theirs and no luck :slightly_frowning_face:

5 Likes

Guys just an FYI there’s a good handful of people who have had phases short and fry using Land Surf NeuMotors

5 Likes

I asked them for the same motor as Land Surf (6542), except 8 mm diameter shaft and 160 KV. Have not heard back from them yet.

3 Likes

Yup! a 3d printed spacer / o-ring / some epoxy work in the holes where the phase wires exit is definitely a must. Should be a relatively easy DIY fix for a motor that’ll be very reliable and powerful afterwards though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had Mark throw some shade at me when I started asking questions in the FB group for XCell, well reading the specs sheets fine print it does not take a genius to realise some of these basic things.

1. They are made for RC Flight, I.e. the Amp ratings are a ton higher than esk8 as you have high airflow providing cooling, Xcell even closed them so this will be lowered specs say 121A, without airflow and open can I’d definetly drop that another 20-40 Amps .

2. If you read the spec sheets and compare them to lets say Alien powers rough estimates you immideatly find that they are lower torque than regular Esk8 motors as they’re made for higher RPM hence higher voltage ability than most motors.

3. With right gearing they could be nice new form factor for Esk8 but I seriously doubt besides 18s capability, they’re not anything special sadly.

5 Likes