Neumotors in San Diego

Can u guys explain more what ur saying about the phase wires

He means the phase wires are just magnet wire extended from the windings directly. Most people don’t like this because they’re not as durable/flexible as silicone multi strand.

8 Likes

Landsurf is fucking nuts dude… $700 for a pair of motors!!’!!!

7 Likes

Lacroix was thinking of offering something similarly expensive. Mentioned in the interview with Nelson.

2 Likes

More expensive, $600 a motor because lacroix :joy:

5 Likes

i mean, that’s like apple product, u r paying for the brand name, nothing else

4 Likes

What quantity did you ask for?

I asked for a pair of their existing 6542 (181 kV) motors but with some slight modifications.

I still would like to get their motors, can we get a group buy going and make another pass at them?

1 Like

Around 200.

I was told the MOQ was only about 50.

I talked to Jeff as well

1 Like

Apple designs their own stuff, in this case the motors will probably not be designed by lacroix

3 Likes

that’s also true, what i meant was, people are mostly paying for the brand name stamped on a product. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

@MYKC per my previous email… (but also, go on, I’m listening )

4 Likes

Not sure how successful I would be in trying to get group buy going. Boardnamics asked for quote on 200 units and got the cold shoulder and I’m not sure there is enough interest on the forum to beat 200 units (100 people if each wanted a pair of motors).

I’m a little tempted to ask them how much for the same motors as Landsurf so I know how much they are marked up…

1 Like

They offer 40% reduction in price for wholesale. That means that the 6542 motor is around $140 all in.

3 Likes

Wait why is xcell selling a xx52 motor for a board that comes with xx96 motors?

1 Like

They stretch the motors when they install them.

5 Likes

That’s stator size not outer dimensions

4 Likes

They’re insanity. Trust me, things are crazy. $300 for a $150 motor is what I’d sell for if I was trying to make a profit.

1 Like

Show us!

They haven’t came yet 🥲 Soooooonnnnn! I just rode someone’s board awhile back with them on it, crazy motors. The videos of the new ones look INSANE

2 Likes

link? xD

3 Likes