NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

Did you intrnded 18650?

Love the NESE system very much, so far. Very very easy to build. Waiting for some parts to finish Up. Looking forward to test.

8 Likes

20S6P pack?!?!
monster range

1 Like

Time Will tell. My gokart is pretty Hungry.

3 Likes

Does this look OK?

Is it recommended to put some insulation at the red circle?

Also, I wasn’t sure if I should cut the part with or without foam. Does it make any difference? I cut the one without simply because it was slightly easier to do. (Also, the one with foam seems more valuable and I didn’t want to damage it. :))

This is my first assembled 2S4P NESE module. Really easy. Love it!

8 Likes

I didnt use any insulation on the marked area, since the cap is holding the cells in place i don’t see a problem. I think agnisium put them in naked and no problem.

Naked in the 2S housing? I would understand that for 1S housing. In the 2S, if the two series touch on the negative, that’s a dead short.

1 Like

2S i am not sure of.

@Benjamin899 by naked, do you mean w/o a cell wrap? If so, that seems questionable.

@Janpom The N.E.S.E. system with the lid affixed should keep the cells separated without any chance they’d touch even in cases of vibration. If the N.E.S.E. case suffers physical damage then this separation may be compromised. I have the same setup on my 12s4p N.E.S.E. pack (6 x 2s4p modules).

1 Like

sorry if i missed it, but did you have a rough timeline on when you’d get the 26650 tabs in stock?

The cells sit in a cradle and they wont move or touch. Before i had 2SxP gapless but by request here made 0.9mm separator. Its not needed but just in case. And yes, i had my cells without wrap in 1S configuration but NOT 2S.
I leave foamed tab uncut as you have done

2 Likes

I dont have a timeline yet. With this virus going arround its a bit tricky

3 Likes

Hello, does anyone happen to have tried building a 3s4p version?
I do not see the files currently for the enclosure.
I want to build an add on pack to my current 10s4p.

these packs are limited to 2S

The whole module would be too long to print on most printers and have weak structural integrity. You can do 3S2P on 2S3P module.

3 Likes

I hadn’t actually thought about printing it. Yeah that makes sense.

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks to @Agniusm for the wonderful product. Just finished the pack build over the weekend:

Balance Wires

Kapton with N.E.S.E. caps

Finished pack, lid off and in-line fuse

All buttoned up and ready to go

16 Likes

Nice. Is there a reason for kapton tape?

1 Like

Nice lookin pack. Quick question for ya, how come you didn’t opt to screw the fuse directly to one of the terminals?

i’m a noob to this…can i ask what is the black padding-looking stuff on the underside (insulation perhaps?), and also, what config is this (i.e 12s2p, 10s3p etc…)

edit: id guess 12s4p…?

1 Like