NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

It can all be for make single mould since is all similar.

I have your shop bookmarked! Nice work man.

I think I will buy some after I get a custom board made next year and will have dimensions of your 5p NESE in mind :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would buy if you start making these for @Agniusm
It takes 16 hours to print one 21700 6p module in petg, because i have to print slow. And I need 20pcs… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

new kind of NESE arrangement on an oldschool street deck:

Me personally went to self welded packs in favor of capacity but since I’m building for someone else I need to do it as safe as possible and for that NESE is my absolute favorite :slight_smile: Gives me a good feeling.

7 Likes

I havent even started printing mine - ill need potentially 24 1s8p sets so #RIP my makerselect lol.

5 Likes

Got some better rendering to help novices assemble flatpacks correctly. 10S4P, also applicable to xS3P and xS2P:

10S4P_flatpack.pdf (117.8 KB)

13 Likes

I just received my 6, 2S4P 21700 modules which look amazing. After test fitting in my enclosure I think I should have gone for the shallow hardware instead of standard. What size bolts and serrated washers do I need to track down to convert to a low profile setup? Are those the only hardware I need to change? I am in the US and was hoping to source the hardware locally.

^ this May help

1 Like

Finally… Almost 20 days of printing. Going to build a 20s6p out of Molicel p42a for my electric gokart. Just ordered the hardware to go with, from the NESE store…

15 Likes

hawt!

My ocd is killing me, print another box for the empty space!

3 Likes

I need the space for the fuse and the 4awg wire going out there. And in the future the empty space will be filled up for a 24s setup.

1 Like

There has to be some order with colors too, each second red or some sort of simeyrical order :joy:
My OSD is extreme too when it come to that :joy: I literally dig through hundreds of screws just to find identical two for that and this silly project and if i dont i go for fuck sake and my day is ruined :joy:

1 Like

Something like this in US: https://www.mcmaster.com/low-profile-head-cap-screws/thread-size~m5/socket-head-profile~ultra-low/length~12mm/
But…:money_mouth_face:

nomadic_myke

1m

Thank you! I really appreciate your response. I think I have come up with a viable work-around using a 1" wide x 3/4" thick neoprene gasket which allows me to fit the 21700 modules with the standard hardware inside my enclosure. This weekend, I will be drilling and fitting inserts and I will post pics once completed.

Have you thought about glueing modules with advanced doublesided tape instead of drilling the board?
Much easier and you wont be damaging the board. Also, i believe stronger.

1 Like

Use some bus bars on the power output. Then attach wire to bus bar. Takes away strain from the module and it is easier and you can route wires better

1 Like

Off-topic. Building this 7S3P battery for my 2 year old son, pedal car conversion. Using car wiper motor and some other cheap electronics of ebay. Most important thing is lights and horn :smiley:
This is why 3D printer is a must for maker of any kind :slight_smile:

16 Likes

When are you shipping my order from last week?

Its shipped. Check your email for tracking, maybe went to spam ?! or Paypal.

3 Likes