NESE, the no solder 18650 battery system

When I got my order, all my tabs were together and o had to cut them all. But I didn’t think it was that big of a deal.

@ryansinatra I agree, I received my order and looked at them, they were all the same externally. I thought they were all cut, but one was not. I ordered 6 of the same product, so I assumed they would all be the same internally. I’m not upset about having to cut the one strip, I just wish he would have let me know that he changed my order. Would have saved me from burning up 4 Samsung 30Qs.

3 Likes

Fair enough. I see what you mean

2 Likes

@Soflo
Hi. My fault was not clarifying the intent of the build with you. To further clarify, you then got one correct module which had one long 8P tab and 2 4P tabs. Thats 2S4P module. So i should have sent all like that.
2S4P means that you have 7.2V on the terminals. If i had sent you all 4P+4P, thats just plain 12S 4P done in 6 enclosures. Note this photo, customer used all 2s4p modules, hence long wire series connections:

If you could check your order, you have ordered 1 of the insulation rings, just checked the invoice.
The bolts are what they are. There is just enough room for them and if you get them longer, you could damage the cell. They are chosen for the thickness of the busbar and cant be adapted as everyone is using theyr own terminals.
My apologies for not getting to the bottom of things with you. I can include whatever my fault was with you next order or send it separately. The intention was to make experience hassle free, not other way around.

6 Likes

Also, here is product description:

2S4P modules are made to order with the lead time starting from 7 days

Includes one assembled module:
1 3D printed 2S4P closed enclosure(translucent, PETG, 70C max)
2 tin plated copper tabs
1 tin plated copper compression tab(or 2 tin plated copper compression tabs in 4P + 4P configuration)
4 M5 square nuts (SS)
4 M5 bolts with washers (SS)
4 3mm screws for plastic (SS)
Vented modules are also available on special request
On request modules could be arranged in 4P + 4P configuration. Leave a message when ordering.

So if you needed all to be 4P+4P, you needed to leave a message. I assumed you missed that part and tried to assemble your order the way 99% of customers order.
Again, sorry for misunderstanding and if I can make you feel better, please advise what should I do for you.
Thanks

4 Likes

Just as reminder, here is a post from the very beginning on the esk8 and first images of the 2S4P module:

1 Like

@Agniusm. I appreciate the response! I was expecting all 2s4p modules, when they arrived I opened up a few of them and saw 4p/4p so I assumed that’s what they all were. In the future, please contact your customers before modifying their order. I know you had good intentions, so I’m not super pissed off about it. After looking at the pack I built, I could have eliminated those connection wires on the back if I used (2) 2s4p and (4) 4p/4p. Im going to place another order today for 6 more modules, as I really like your product.

5 Likes

Thank you. Would you like me to include 5 compression tabs so you have the right 2S4P? Its not that hard to swap and have a pack the way you intended.

P.S. sorry for responding on the main thread, i would like to be as transparrent on the issues that arrise.

1 Like

When I place the order, I’ll go with (4)2s4p and 2(4p/4p). That will allow me to swap out the 2 modules on this pack and remove the wires.

@Agniusm, I just placed a second order and left notes to ship (4) 2s4p and (2) 4p/4p.

1 Like

Thanks. All noted.

2 Likes

Just ordered 6 tabs sets for 21700 battery. Cost was $42 shipped to USA using WINTERSALE2020 discount code. I’ll be making a 12S4P battery pack. It is going to be a 700Wh pack if I use samsung 40T, ooh the range!

Will start printing my compact modules soon and will update here.

7 Likes

@Agniusm all my tabs came cut for 4P when I ordered a 10s4p kit. I didn’t specify my setup so it’s my fault, but now looking for the best way to connect these 4P tabs to make a 2S4P end pack.

I assume I need to either join these 4P tabs or run a cable on the outside, correct?

1 Like

Yeah, run a cable on the outside. I have tried soldering on the inside and it’s not ideal or reliable.

2 Likes

I would just get some copper sheet, cut the strip drill couple holes and use heatshrink so insulate most. More fiddly but very compact.

I can’t visualize this all on the inside, is it something you have tried and have a picture?

Similar to this:

You only need to make U shape to run it outside from one side to the other.

3 Likes

Ok, but since I don’t have the copper strip and have 12 guage silicon wire, I can just use that like I’m planning to connect each pack to make the setup flexible instead of the bus bar, but will just need to run the length of the last pack.

@mishrasubhransu I understand you used braid copper instead of 12 gauge silicon because it was more flexible?

What about this braided copper case, would this work:

I was wondering why I couldn’t find the post, it was on the other forum.

So now that you’ve been using the board for awhile, any regrets of using Tin-plated copper braid over 12 guage silicone wire for this application?

1 Like

Nope, no issues.

2 Likes