NEOone / 10s4p NESE / single drive TB6374 / TB110 / 15t:44t pulleys

Is oil finish on deck @glyphiks. I not know what this is to say. Epoxy can be ok.

3 Likes

Can you shave down the lid? 3/8 seems a bit much.

1 Like

Yes , I imagine trimming a small section of the lid would be much safer than the deck

2 Likes

Haha I meant too much to shave off a lid. But yes. Either shave might benefit from glass.

2 Likes

No. Cannot taking material off lid or it no strong enough for standing.

4 Likes

Better to not removing material from deck because it can causing breaking. If change battery to removing this system it can fitting better. We have our battery pcb which can fitting better.

4 Likes

Well, I hope I don’t regret it, but I went ahead and routed out some material in the front. A bit of a hack job with a dremmel, but it turned out ok. I left about a lip that the battery can slide under at the top to try to keep as much strength as possible.

Now the battery slides up and gives space for the esc.

And the lid now fits.

I still need to fit in the connections, but it should work now.

6 Likes

Will the screws drive into the battery? Looks like the slot goes under the holes

1 Like

No, I did not go all the way to the holes.

3 Likes

Must be careful for removing this material. It weakening material and can crush battery. Is needing some reinforce now or can breaking.

3 Likes

jeffs face when he saw this: :scream: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

11 Likes

Hmm, idk what I will do. Have to choose between external BMS, or maybe buying 4 2s4p modules and having an 8s4p battery. :thinking: If only there was a super thin BMS option…

Also, deck arrived cracked. My build will have to wait. Deck size is awesome though, and looks clean too. Will try to glass frit the top just like @Tbone did.

7 Likes

The 10s waterproof BMS will fit fine…36x9x49mm

2 Likes

This one is also pretty small 10s

4 Likes

The lid has a matice support. You should be able to fit the BMS between these supports to gain some height

1 Like

@jeffwuneo. What is the size of the insert? There seems to be some variation in the hole size. My m4 inserts are 6.5mm outside diameter. Is this the same as yours?

1 Like

Which bms is that?

https://www.litechpower.com/product-detail/HCX-D239LI10S08A.html

2 Likes

This insert works.
E-Z LOK

4.2 out of 5 stars 83Reviews

E-Z Lok 400-M4 Threaded Insert, Brass, Knife Thread, M4", M4-0.7 Internal Threads, 0.375" Length (Pack of 10)

Here is the link, but you may need to select the m4 size

3 Likes

would these work also?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CMQXNZF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3F6EDYUH20SVD&psc=1

1 Like