NEOone / 10s4p NESE / single drive TB6374 / TB110 / 15t:44t pulleys

I am a longtime skater (35yrs) but fairly new to esk8. I built my first board around this time last year. I am scavenging some parts from that build, but also making some upgrades. I got in on @jeffwuneo Neoone GB and luckily my board survived the shipping. I just finished my first attempt at glass frit. Here are the details of the build:
NEOone deck w/ glass frit for grip
10s4p NESE battery printed with PETG, 30Q cells
6374 190kv motor
15t motor and 44t wheel pulleys
TB110 artic blue wheels
Caliber 50 front 44 back
3D printed 1/2in risers. I have a 3 deg and 5 deg angled to play with for the front truck
Esc 6 with bluetooth and ackmaniac firmware and app

I plan to use the board for occasional commuting and general riding. I live in Oregon, so am hoping to seal it up so I can ride when wet.
Just finished the glass frit

My main issue to deal with right now is space. The back end of the compartment is sloped and my esc does not fit. I am planning on routing out enough for it to sit lower, but I am a little worried with the issues of cracks that have been reported on the deck.

Up next is to figure out where the loop key and charge port are going. Any input/advice is much appreciated.

23 Likes

You should definitely post pics of the frit job on a neo deck

3 Likes

I was struggling to do it on my phone, so went to my computer instead. first post now has pics.

2 Likes

That looks really neat, well done!

What ESC is that? I don’t recognize it…TRAMPA?

If you are running 184mm Calibers with 110mm TB wheels I’d expect you’re gonna get some wheel bite and need some risers to counter that. You can get a riser that has the charge port and loop key build in and run the wires through a small hole that pokes into the cavity…calling @yelnats8j who I believe makes them

I guess you’ll have to change something or cut away some deck to pack everything in there…do you get more room if you rotate the NESE modules? Either way removing a little material should be okay, just make sure you remove only the minimum and try to avoid punching through (it looks close)

2 Likes

@Tbone Careful remove material at back is thin. This kind of battery holder is maybe too big for neoONE inside. I can sending you neoONE pcb kit.

Also 110mm is too big and you will getting wheel bite. You need 85mm.

5 Likes

Generic esc6 from 3sk8esk8 @tomiboi

1 Like

It is really close. I just need about 1/4in of height clearance for it to fit.

2 Likes

I just ordered the TB wheels as people say they are really good. But I’m putting them on a giant long board.
For a shortish kick tail consider the 85mm blue Caguamas. They are magical.
Super cushy for how small they are…
and some rubber risers for more dampening

2 Likes

I printed some 1/2in risers, so hopefully that will be enough. After reading the thread on these wheels I really want it to work.

1 Like

Good looking board. I’ve got some 90mm pops you can have for cheap if you can’t get the 110tb wheels to fit.

1 Like

Also, I have abec 90s on my current board and can use those if it doesn’t work.

1 Like

The blue Caguamas are like riding on a cloud. Compared to abec 90mm

4 Likes

Looking great!

Did you use spar urethane for the frit job?

1 Like

Looks thicc like epoxy

@Tbone did you sand the finish off the deck first?

2 Likes

I used spar and I did not sand the deck first. Hopefully it will work out OK.

3 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: i hope for your sake that it does… going from the smell of the deck when I got mine, I would say that the finish was an oil or wax based finish, which I can’t imagine would fare well in this situation…

3 Likes

Please being careful. It can getting wheel bite. If rise is too high it making CG off and can causing to be bad balance.

3 Likes

Ask @hummieee if you can borrow his grinder :wink:

Maybe the old 4.12 vesc will fit. They’re long and skinny.

3 Likes

I don’t think he wants do downgrade to an interior part, but if he does I got a Maytech and a Flipsky one lying around…I’ll ship them for $50 or so

1 Like