*SCAM ALERT* neoHUB Group Buy (Same as loaded motor but sensored)

Our white wheel is not 66 wide, but we testing Boa wheel for sell on front because is almost similar size.

4 Likes

I’m using a Hakko FX-600.

2 Likes

Share me photo of wire you solder.

1 Like

Well, that escalated quickly. Looks like I may receive hubs today, 2 days early!

10 Likes

Soldering flux was added as well before the iron went on

1 Like

Probably going to need to sand that enamel off. I found a mini rotary wire brush to be the best.

8 Likes

Is it enameled motor wire? Maybe try without flux and crank that heat so you can burn off coating?

2 Likes

holy cow thats fast!

1 Like

not so relavant to this topic

but hwo do you test the bullet strength if you give it a quick pull and it doesnt come off is that a good enough connection?

Mechanical strength =/ conductivity, you want to make sure as much of the bullet is full of copper wire with a thin layer of solder bridging the gap between bullet and wire.

4 Likes

my bullets are more like copper wire at the bottome touching the sticking out bit of the bullet and the hole is filled to the brim with solder

gave it a tug and didnt come out so hopefully its a good enough solder

2 Likes

@jeffwuneo I’m interested in a pair of these if they are still available and/or if there is another group buy. I’ll watch this thread also so I don’t miss anything.

1 Like

Hi Jeff,
Can you check my tracking as well.
I’m invoice 50 for the motors and 75 for the front wheels. Nothing from PayPal for tracking.

Oh damn that looks like a ball ache. I’m definitely gonna need to shorten my phase wires. Hopefully its not too difficult with the wire brush like @Static has recommended.

6 Likes

Its enameled wire, i scratched the surface of the wires clean thoroughly with a sharp knife, then put solder flux on it and soldered it. Worked for me i guess.

2 Likes

Send me message and I can checking for you today.

1 Like

This means stiff wire, somewhat vulnerable to breaking with movement over time? Here come the silicone wire mods.

5 Likes

@KfromtheBay Did it arrive? Please share photos :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@jeffwuneo did you get to check with the factory on order status for us today?

I already rely your message.

1 Like