*SCAM ALERT* neoHUB Group Buy (Same as loaded motor but sensored)

Oh damn that looks like a ball ache. I’m definitely gonna need to shorten my phase wires. Hopefully its not too difficult with the wire brush like @Static has recommended.

6 Likes

Its enameled wire, i scratched the surface of the wires clean thoroughly with a sharp knife, then put solder flux on it and soldered it. Worked for me i guess.

2 Likes

Send me message and I can checking for you today.

1 Like

This means stiff wire, somewhat vulnerable to breaking with movement over time? Here come the silicone wire mods.

5 Likes

@KfromtheBay Did it arrive? Please share photos :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

@jeffwuneo did you get to check with the factory on order status for us today?

I already rely your message.

1 Like

@glyphiks it’s possible to cut and resolder, just a bit of work. I hit the copper with 400 grit sandpaper, and in between every strand. Fortunately its not a lot of strands and not fine so it’s not too bad to sand. Make sure the bare copper shows.

13 Likes

Bit late to the party, but yes, all motor wires are coated, else the motors wouldn’t work (each strand would short circuit to each other).

I use the same method you did, flatten out the strands, sand untill they shine, flip em over a few times until shine is uniform - > solder.

Think the “correct” way is to dip them in acid, removing the coating.

3 Likes

Probably a really stupid question but why do you have multiple strands in a wire rather then I single very large strand

Stranded cables are much more flexible and can withstand more bending compared to rigid solid conductors that can break if flexed too many times.

and depending on the cable itself you need multiple for different purposes.

5 Likes

From the looks of it they are not silicone flexible wires? I remember in the old days @longhairedboy said that you must have flexible wires. If not they will break eventually. Almost all motors have them now but hubs are often different.

Yep they’re not silicone wires. The copper in the wire is pretty much the motor windings.

1 Like

Still no tracking for me Jeff! Any ideas?

It was already sent to your PayPal email.

1 Like

Just checked - not in there bud, not in spam either

I send you message. Tracking was send to you 21st.

bruh.

16 Likes

Abraision resistance in most chepo silicon wires are pretty poor tho, They can take heat all day long but if you stick your fingernail on the isolator it breaks very easly.

Worth a thought since the cables to the hubs are on the exterior :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Would 0.5 Hydrochloric Acid work for this?