NeoBox Testing Results V6 (serious)

NeoBOX come with cable only no bullet.

8 Likes

Thanks Jeff, IMO this is ideal. i modified my post

5 Likes

You must mean vesc tool 2.03, with FW 4.2 Iā€™m guessing?

Also, your ESC configuration is missing what battery current you were running them at :slight_smile:

Fantastic feedback!

4 Likes

Agreed, @wandagoner good write-up!

ponders editing own post since you killed it but nahā€¦ I basically agree with everything you saidā€¦ and key for me is good enough now rather than perfect laterā€¦ Plenty of people have these on order (including more for myselfā€¦ !! they alright) so might as well start some conclusions and bang up job brother.

Letā€™s keep riding!

To add, I had pushed up to 120 motor amps (configured, 111A recorded) per ESC on these but my motors couldnā€™t handle it, no faults or issues ESC wise. Anyone know a good safe limit for TB6380 motor amps (for the next build)?

5 Likes

good catch, fixed type-o

i thought one of the images showed (120)A battery, which i believe is the max battery amps the unmodified VESC FW will allow - is it not showing on the post?

1 Like

Found it, my bad!

120A discharge 7.5A charge ā€“ lol
I would turn that to 60A, -20A, if I were you.

5 Likes

truth! i thought of invoking Pattonā€™s famous ā€œA good plan, violently executed now,ā€¦ā€ but lets face it what i do for testing doesnt even count as foreplay for @Arzamenable , so i cannot fathom what some would consider ā€œviolently executedā€

2 Likes

sorry, was just a misclick and I could not revert it

2 Likes

@Skatardude10 @wandagoner very nice writeup guys, informative and a pleasure to read

8 Likes

Yeah @wandagoner, nice write-up weā€™re all happy to hear the good news! Thanks for posting your settings too!

5 Likes

Sick write up, banana, and p42a muscle :call_me_hand:

Mine have been giving me side eye since the day they came.

My nickel came in the mail yesterday, so I should work on this pack now. @Jansen has been putting his similarly made, but half volume pack through the paces.

(Side note, speed wobbles have a boring formula that the mechanical engineers here can get hot and bothered by. Yes, yes, tell me more about the numbersā€¦ Iā€™m listeningā€¦
Big or small, itā€™s a loss of control, unexpected. Thatā€™s terrifying to most, me included. Those other guys who like it? Side eye all the way.)

8 Likes

Pretty sure tb6380 are only rated for 80a each

Slightly off topic so flag me if you want butā€¦

@Arzamenable are you making the switch from beastly lipoā€™s to liion? In theory you should be able to discharge more current with that pack then your lipoā€™s and have close to double the rangeā€¦ Although you already know that :crazy_face:

1 Like

Only if thereā€™s a water bottle involved

Oh wait thatā€™s only prof. shart

2 Likes

This was the most comprehensive description of VESC testing Iā€™ve ever reed. Thanks a bunch.

4 Likes

This is what youā€™re supposed to do when getting speed wobbles, plus one bottle of water in each hand. Bring them wobbles on!
Chubby_Checker_Let_s_Twist_Again_lyrics

3 Likes

Hey man I just know that the water wonā€™t spill okay

1 Like

Like @Soflo said, I use mine up to 80A and never had an issue. Havenā€™t tried more. The limit is at least 80A, if that helps

2 Likes

yeahā€¦ I will be trying higher for sure to see when I run into issues. I know the TBDD stator is smaller, and they can take up to 84A before they have issues, and they are rated to 80Aā€¦ so I just run 80 to be safe. For the larger stator, I am hoping they can take 100 or more without issues.

3 Likes

Please let us know what max you find works well. Please tag me :slight_smile: Iā€™d love to know the results of this

3 Likes