NeoBox Testing Results V6 (serious)

I never doubted you or @Dred :slight_smile: I didnā€™t think you would hide anything even if it was bad.

I asked because I am nosy and a little bit lazy so I wanted to see it here on this forum in one page.

Clearly that form is much better organized and can provide more details at a glance than searching through a thread so as long as itā€™s accessible, Iā€™m happy!

bump.

General PSA:

NeoBoxes are arriving and community testing is beginning. lets work to honor the serious tag from this point forward. i refreshed the poll to capture meaningful votes

above note is not directed at individual or comment but rather a line in the sand

11 Likes

Whoops posted the first results in the wrong thread so ill paste it here aswell.

4 Likes

Another succesful test ride, I couldnt push it hard due to a horde of people being literally everywhereā€¦ had to dodge them all the time even on the remote forest trails. Like whole families, groups of elderly peopleā€¦ not social distancingā€¦ Maybe ill go out after sunset or otherwise tomorrow. I did do some hard braking today which worked flawlessly (battery regen set at -20A)

11 Likes

Moving logs here, successful so far.

10 Likes

150A? What in gods name are you doing? :smiley:

13 Likes

I was messing around trying to find good max motor amp settings.

9 Likes

Itā€™s called stress testing :laughing:
Really, really stressful testing.

4 Likes

Yeah but 150 amps?? I barely scratch 60 amps even though iā€™m pretty stressing my board (i think that at least)

3 Likes

3x is a healthy margin.:grin:

Any chance there will be some destructive testing?
Curious to see how they stand up to non anti spark usage.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely test some uphill capabilities with my fat ass
(if i ever receive mine :laughing: )

Offroading, speed. Standstill acceleration. Althoughā€¦iā€™m low on belts argh, the next batch of belts probably arrives end of april/mid may.

Any Belt sponsors here? ^^

3 Likes

at the rate you destroy belts, youā€™re a walking advertisement for gear drives

16 Likes

I was thinking more along the lines of plug cycling 12/13 s maybe 50 times and see if it dies

@jeffwuneo can you give details on the type of bench testing that they undergo? Please and thank you

2 Likes

Any gear drive sponsors? Hit me up
Maybe i really should upgrade to gearā€¦ :thinking:
giphy

5 Likes

experienced a voltage out out on steep decline today

NeoBoxV6 20200405 at 7.11.24 AM

11 Likes

Anything out of the ordinary ride wise?

What belt length do you need? And maybe sign up for some moon drives in the future :smirk:

@itsrow
Rowan nothing out of the ordinary in particular, i felt it give way and ran it out. it is particularly steep and I have never attempted that hill before due to the grade. the voltage spike was to 57.65

3 Likes

475/480mm 15mm.

I wouldā€™ve upgraded a while back if it wasnā€™t for they money ^^

1 Like