NeoBox Testing Results V6 (serious)

I mean this is a limitation of the VESC design isn’t it? It’s supposed to cut out when you reach that 57V cutoff in vesc tool from what I remember

Someone correct me if I am wrong - I have experienced this before on my 12s fully charged, it’s pretty scary. Not much I can do about except ride it down till it is at like 97% and then after that I don’t seem to have issues

3 Likes

yeah there’s a max volt setting and it’s default is 57v iirc

5 Likes

Ah well hope your knees arent too sore from the high speed running, must’ve been one hell of an decline.

1 Like

Yes friend this is part of vesc design to prevent damage to esc. Was battery full charge?

8 Likes

Correct - I should have been clear - this is not a failing of the NeoBox but rather I experienced a limit.
@ShutterShock
My 12s Liion battery was at 47.1v when this occurred.

6 Likes

I hope you didn’t get hurt friend. Are you ok?

6 Likes

@jeffwuneo I think the only thing that can help me now is a blue EP9, let me know when I should pick it up from the dock :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I send you a scale model :wink:

11 Likes

do you have a theory why the system reported the overvoltage error?
metr doesn’t show that the voltage reached anywhere near that high (47, 48v), and the motor speed wasn’t anywhere fast enough to generate that amount of back emf (under 10k erpm)

2 Likes

not sure, bad connections typically cause over current faults, maybe on Regen it could throw an overvolt

He was braking down hill. I think is regen issue. Can fix by adding braking resistor.

2 Likes

yeah but the issue is the sudden spike, unless the rise wasn’t caught by metr

The spike is likely affect the uart. So reading is not accurate.

metr caught the spike, i posted the fault in my post

yeah I saw the spike, but not a rise to the voltage

4 Likes

Yeah right here, unfortunate really.

1 Like

What do your vesc do at that moment @jeffwuneo?

Also if I connect motors to the vesc but no battery, will it kill the vesc due the amount off energy that goes to the vesc?

1 Like

Geez, stop trying to kill VESCs!..

VESC Killer.

9 Likes

:joy:

I had a dilemma today. My direct drives motors where to hot to drive farther. So I was thinking between wait or set my board off and start to push. But due those killed trampa vesc I have decided to wait :sweat_smile:

So that’s the reason why I now want to know how those neobox handle this issue

7 Likes

I pushed my tupperware esk8 with the vesc connected and off to my school and nothing happened. :joy:
fsesc works since then with no problem.

7 Likes