*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

me too, sooner or later ill have to replace that maytech, and throwing that money at jeff feels right

1 Like

My engineer know about can bus problem. Also possible leakage of 5V back to USB port so we fix these for new layout. We also change to USB C port.

38 Likes

Count me in also

1 Like

This is all very exciting. Jeff is making my wallet scared.

7 Likes

My wallet has a minor stroke every time a neo thread is updated :rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Another problem @Gamer43 discovered is that a low ERPM there is noise in the measurement, so the motor position is no correctly calculated, leading to a significantly loss of torque, this is really apparent is hubs and direct drive, maybe he can explain it better

If you guys can fix that would be great

5 Likes

You said it brother. Watching these products like a hawk and you are all my Guinea pigs.

3 Likes

@Pedrodemio yes we notice some noise issue already on this design. Once we make new layout we can look more at this and how to solve best way.

5 Likes

Can you also make a charge only bms?

Not now. But we already making one PCB with ESC and battery and BMS together.

8 Likes

Please, for the love of God, do not use any MOSFETs from International Recitifer.

Also I would highly recommend the use of four terminal current shunts such as the PSG4 and the use of the INA240A1 for currebt sensing.

4 Likes

We only use automotive grade parts. Our main business is make electric car.

3 Likes

If you have the resources, I would highly recommend implementing your own motor control algorithm. There are just so many issues with the VESC and its derivatives’ firmware.

The reason why it gained so much popularity in this community was the form factor and the ease of selecting basic parameters such as current limits than compared to a kelly controller.

As an example, I saw nowhere in the code that takes into account that PWM values are preloaded and don’t take effect until the next timer update event. This means the observer is using wrong values for the applied A and B axis voltages. This would have a greater impact at high speed.

6 Likes

We already making new ESC not based on VESC. But for now we replicate this one with some change for the community until is ready.

24 Likes

I love this man. Jeff, I want you to know that I really appreciate the effort and time that you are putting into this. You’re the kind of person we’ve been needing.

11 Likes

@Zach thank you for kind word. Is ok. I like this so I wanting to help how I can. Is not about money for me.

18 Likes

Just a big thank you for the time and work that are being implemented in this product along with the provided communication with the community of this forum :relaxed:

2 Likes

@jeffwuneo is busy designing decks, hub motors, ESC and wonders when he is sleeping. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I’m grateful for your kindness and efforts.

5 Likes

I sleep in factory haha :slight_smile:

32 Likes

Somehow I get the feeling, that he is no joking :thinking:

Thank you for your engagement Jeff! :heart:

8 Likes