*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

But Jeff is working on improving parts that can be improved, so it isn’t going to taste the same.

1 Like

@jeffwuneo Is it possible to make it safe for 14S or even for 16S?

2 Likes

NeoFOC imo

1 Like

Would be better to save the ESCape clone for that

3 Likes

So if your copying Focbox and you haven’t made the product yet surly thay should be preorder. Can’t re relics a enertion product with out taking the monny first that’s just unsportsmanlike like

@jeffwuneo on a serous not I think the fix for 1.6 hardwire was the canbus disconnection bricking. I’m sure some one hear can say more on the alterations. And also the Focbox has a missing header that goes agains the VESC project Gide lines might think about re adding that back in.

2 Likes

@jeffwuneo I just want to thank you for everything you are doing. You are listening to the community, giving us what we want, having people test (soon) and not trying to eat up as much money as possible.

I hope your QC is thorough and well thought out. I can’t wait to try one of these.

18 Likes

Hello friends. Thank you for all words. About name is not problem we think neoBOX is simple but can calling what like :slight_smile:

For improvement and test once we make first samples we can testing first in our lab. If is ok and passing our test we can send small batch for tester here. We not take money until is ok to use for friend.

34 Likes

For clarity I was mockin enertion pre order crap false relice dates. British sarcasm

6 Likes

Hopefully everything works out. Would love to give foc a try

Finally a step by step process at crazy speed. How efficient you can work in your company, amazing. Probably for your engineers this ESC are like toys compare to the ones used for electric cars. I can hear them laughing from here :rofl:

I will test them for sure if possible :blush:

NeoFOC or NeoFOX sound cool too for the name.

11 Likes

Is not complicate design for them. For many project they work for 600-800V power system.

And also complicate charging system for charge 1000 vehicle together.

Today I share more progress but they already know improvement and start layout today. It need few day to layout and review design. Once then we make PCB sample and we SMT assemble in our factory.

10 Likes

I smell hope in the Esk8 community :grin: those controllers can be potentially be used for escooter as well. There a 16s is more common, push it to there if possible with this or the next ESC you are going to make it and it will be a big hit. Guaranteed

8 Likes

For our new ESC is design for 20S.

14 Likes

Fantastic, rated current?

For current we work for 150A continuous at 20S.

20 Likes

Do you have an estimated launch date for that controller? Youve piqued my interest.

It not until after spring festival. It still need some time before we can make available to friend for testing. It must pass our strict testing procedure first before is safe to test with others. But when we make we plan making 500 pieces so can always be stock.

21 Likes

count me in. 2 for me :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

me too, sooner or later ill have to replace that maytech, and throwing that money at jeff feels right

1 Like

My engineer know about can bus problem. Also possible leakage of 5V back to USB port so we fix these for new layout. We also change to USB C port.

38 Likes