*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

Just ordered my neobox 4 … I’ve got one working focbox and jsut blew the mosfets on the other so I’m going to run one neobox4 and one focbox to see how they go and possibly sell this other foc box and get a second neobox4 to have a matching pair.
Can’t wait :grin::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Yes is ok.

1 Like

Could the V6s be taken out of their case and mounted onto the 3Dservisas FocBox heatsink plate?

3 Likes

Yes I’m pretty sure someone has already tried it successfully here.

Also I think that guy having trouble with the escs is connecting all 4 wires for canbus with the older designed escs. So they are ground looping and burning out.

2 Likes

Yep this is the plate I have, and the V6 fit great with the thinner heatsink pads that ship with the neoboxes. Standard foxbox heatsink pads cause some flex due to the thickness of the pads. Pink is neobox thermal pads.

10 Likes
2 Likes

General question here - I unfortunately built my enclosure around the Unity with only mm to spare in both H x W x L, with height being the tightest factor.

Would I be able to swap narrower, longer capacitors onto these Neobox PCBs if it were a matter of just reducing it’s height to fit my setup?

I would just save yourself some trouble and install them caseless, a dual setup should be slightly smaller footprint wise than the unity.

1 Like

That means means no heatsink for the fets. Probably not the best choice.

As long as I have the FETS on the back of the board on a make shift heat sink together, it should work right? They don’t need dual side cooling?

sorry I don’t have the patience to find the answer that most certainly exists somewhere in this long thread–when can I order a couple of these?

1 Like

Honestly I have run plenty of builds without any kind of heat spreader and they work just fine, but if you want some redundancy you can get these guys.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YR6M6F6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_sBHKEb3WK5HA6

I would definitely not run without a heatsink, the most important piece is just thermal mass no fins needed. A bar of aluminum trimmed to size with a thermal pad and tape can do in a pinch. Just don’t let anyone see how ugly it is inside your enclosure when you do this :wink:

10 Likes

Dude, it’s in the first post lol

https://rideneo.co/neobox/

4 Likes

Long term I would definitely recommend, just in general to extend the lift of the FETs, and yeah if you don’t want to be precious about it he could just get some thermal pads and bar stock in there, but depending on how many angry pixies he plans to jam through there might not need immediately. There’s now a good selection of NVME drive spreaders that would probably do just fine for this if you wanted to make it pretty though.

@3DServisas make dual Focbox case again so I (maybe a bunch of us?) can use for neoBOX.

4 Likes

How does this not work for that? Its slightly bigger but very similar.

1 Like

Cause the other one i’m asking for is more compact and doesn’t have holes that I don’t need (anti spark switch on heatsink plate).

2 Likes

Good point.
I wonder if you could combine the Dual Focbox heatsink with a 3D printed other half to get what you are looking for.

Just an option if @3DServisas doesn’t bring that product back.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I was thinking :smile:.

I was going to have my friend mock something up with his 3D printer and then maybe have a local machine shop make lower half out of aluminum using whatever model we end up with (it’s likely not going to be as nice as 3Dservisas’ stuff).

4 Likes