*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

I would just be worried about it taking damage somehow and flaking off… Since it’s got steel in it you might want to conformal coat to protect against shorts :joy:

1 Like

Lolol. I’m joking, I’d never epoxy that cough

2 Likes

JB Weld is not conducive…the main output of my 12s7p batter is lathered in the stuff, lots of connection with both the leads, no issues

5 Likes

Cool, good to know :+1::+1:

1 Like

from my experiments I can’t seem to get any conductivity or magnetism to exhibit in all of my tests with JB Weld… your mileage may vary

3 Likes

have any of your tests involved uncured jb weld, @kook?

1 Like

I have NOT… but there is THIS…JB-Weld High-Heat Qwik Steel… cured…

2 Likes

Cured and uncured shouldn’t matter when it comes to magnetism unless the metal elements are going through chemical change which I would doubt?

Which blend of JB weld do you have? Could be the difference between blends

So how long after requesting a refund/cancellation from Jeff should I wait before filing a dispute with PayPal?

When did you buy them?

Ordered April 16th, Requested a Refund yesterday morning due to 3 week delay and no ETA provided for completion. I have received no response as of yet. Just looking to purchase another ESC as I can’t wait an unknown time with limited summer window here in New England.

I’d probably give him a few days.

@kook what timeframe did you have/give jeff?

1 Like

timeline:
when all the pieces of the puzzle were put together about @jeffwuneo, about the delays in production, etc. I msged Jeff and asked him friendly like for a refund… He promised me he would by the end of business day…

we had a very pleasant respectful conversation, until…

end of the business day comes and goes… he msgs me he cannot give refund his paypal was locked…

everything was stacking up against the guy… he had like 12 hours to refund me… and at the 12th hour he dropped the “no refund” bomb on me…

I told him I was going to dispute not receiving my parts with paypal…

it got ugly… I filed dispute with paypal and roughly 2.5 weeks later my money is back in my back and I’m happily searing for another inexpensive set of ESCs for a 4wd RatBoard build

14 Likes

So based on your experience its starting to sound like a dispute is going to be required for a refund

7 Likes

wow that puts everyone whose paypal protection has lapsed up the creek

and it puts those whose paypal protection is on the verge of lapsing under pressure to make a difficult decision

3 Likes

As an innocent bystander that wasted way too much time catching up on this thread…I don’t think that decision should be too hard. I’d start the clock for a resolution and then be surprised if he ships.

2 Likes

It’s 180 days isn’t it?

1 Like

I’m in a particularly tricky situation.

My protection runs out in 9 days but jeff wants to send me a replacement unit. Do i wait and trust? Do i activate the protection and cause more trouble for possibly others?

@Ace yes 180

3 Likes

If I were you I would email Jeff and tell him that we all that’s going on at the limit of my protection I would be activating it and that if he doesn’t want that then he needs to ship the replacements before the time runs out

2 Likes

Thats the problem Depending on what version i get he can’t.

If the missing part for the current customer batch takes longer than 9 days to arrive.

If he has a spare from the tester batch it can be sent fairly quickly. I’ll email him about what i’m getting to shine some light

2 Likes