*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

it looks like from your limited photos that the plastic bit on the dupont connector is on the PCB, would it gain you any clearance to remove that plastic piece and clip the pins a bit?

I’d try that, and maybe even depin-ing the receiver dupont fitting and put the heatshrink isolated connectors on the PWM pins… (maybe even fabricated a specialty plug)… fuck bending up PCB pins

EDIT:

I see from your latest pik at least you’re looking in this direction…

1 Like

I feel your pain :frowning:

With that Janpom thread about his board that caught fire I’m feeling the same way about my battery pack :frowning:

If you have to make that work, I would bend it more so it’s not forcing itself against the top, conformal coat, coat in liquid electrical tape and then silicone it…

Also, (I would) skip emailing Jeff.

He sent those to you knowing full well what they looked like. I don’t think he deserves your respect through correspondence :man_shrugging:t2::sneezing_face:

We’re taking the hobbits to charge back town

3 Likes

@kook that could work. But that all more than i want to work on a pcb.

But maybe depinning and soldering directly into the pcb might be the best option… even if don’t want to.

@Sn4Pz oh I’ll definitely email him you can bet on that.

2 Likes

those plastic stand-offs on the PWM duponts should just slide off the PCB pins… you’re almost there… slide those daddy’Os off, heat shink the exposed connectors, slide them on the PCB pins and add your epoxy (or jb weld) of your choice to make a new connector…

2 Likes

:v:t2:

5 Likes

bingo

you’re almost home now brother!

3 Likes

So everyone. Most of the Telegram group probably already saw it but i texted Jeff, urging him to come back to fix what he has done (Jed related shitshow), his current waiting customers and well look at my not so nicely worked on neobox.

I showed Jeff the pictures you guys saw here and Jeff told me he is going to replace the Neobox with the broken PCB. He assumes that it happened while snapping off the other side and that it wasn’t very clean.

Is it going to be just the pcb with the “testers batch” CQ or the final production unit including the case? I don’t know yet. If it’s going to be the production batch i can compare the 2 and see what actually improved.

I’ll keep you guys posted.

17 Likes

did he address this at all in his response?

3 Likes

Nope. I pushed it again with a separate message.

3 Likes

Thanks for doing this and keeping us in the loop.

4 Likes

So, last Update for tonight… (almost 3am again :man_facepalming:t3:)

I nicely pushed Jeff to telling me anything about his comeback to the forum.

His response was that once he shipped all current waiting Neoboxes he will consider coming back to the forum.

So it all depends on how fast the last missing part arrives and he’s able to ship them.

That’s been it for today Ladies and Gentleman, thank you for tuning in.

I’m your host @xsynatic and i’ll see you tomorrow!

Goodnight

31 Likes

:fire_extinguisher: noooooo :fire_engine:

Please for the love of god put some heat shrink on those, the case should be grounded so if the pins move around and touch each other or the case you might get toasted. The vibrations make make them wobble around when on the road

5 Likes

I had mine cross once going around a corner. Full send is not fun when you’re not prepared for it.

1 Like

You guys think that’s enough? Would be adding some hotglue to secure them in place

8 Likes

@xsynatic that looks pretty secure. It would be better to use silicone if you have it, anytime the ESC heats up that hot glue will be useless

1 Like

I only have some kitchen silicone but thats rather soft. Maybe i’ll do both. Silicone on the bottom and a dab of hotglue on the top

1 Like

I would have “molded” a plug out of Epoxy (putty)
But the heat shrink solution looks sufficient enough

2 Likes

I would put another layer of heat shrink one big enough that could cover all three of them at once so that with the vibration there was 1 more layer protecting them from rubing on the case

1 Like

Wow. What a ride. I’m glad you finally got what you paid for @xsynatic and it seems promising that you got your sheckles back @kook.

But fuck me, what a shit show :sweat_smile:

7 Likes