*SCAM ALERT* neoBOX open source Focbox variant (HW 4 and HW6 Design)

I ordered around the same time. My understanding is that the production run has not finished assembly yet, hence no tracking.

3 Likes

At the last update Jeff was waiting on a single component to finish. I think this implies things like cases and stuff are ready to go and that everything just kinda needs to be put together. Unfortunately we haven’t even had an insta post in 7 days so not sure if anything has moved further yet

3 Likes

more coming in a bit.

42 Likes

Wohoo

Pics?

Jeff responded quickly to an email I sent him this morning requesting updates. Still incredibly vague, and it does not seem he wants to provide us with any actual information in terms of days, weeks, months (essentially zero ETA) - which I have asked for specifically several times. All I could get from him is the following:

‘We are waiting for some capacitor to arrive. Is meant to arrive last week, but is still delay now.’

I asked if he could provide more consistent updates in a public setting and received no response.
Personally, I am still waiting on my battery and deck to arrive (Seems like this will be end of this week or end of next week for both). Not sure I can continue to play the waiting game with Jeff Wu any longer - If we don’t have anything more concrete soon I will be cancelling my order and looking for ESC alternatives as my final parts are nearing arrival.

5 Likes

It is the 19th of Mai 2020. Something happened.

I got a mail from DHL that my package has arrived. So i went and picked it up. (thanks to my Vet)

The Era of me asking where my fucking Neoboxes are is over… Prepare for posts on how to fix things :crazy_face:

I opened the package and thought to myself what you saw in the previous Post from me.

The total stats are:

Passed time since purchase :

• 5 Months, 16 days.

Transit time until delivered:

• 1 Month, 27 days

This was the second attempt. The first one got rejected from DHL because i’m apparently on a Blacklist and even my ID didn’t help.
What i have to give Jeff is that he didn’t charge me for the second shipping which went waaay more fluid. (took 5 days to be exact from being picked up to delivered) The total shipping time for this was 2 weeks longer where nothing happened and label was created.

Do you know the feeling of being hyped for something but as soon as you have it its gone? yeah…

So first things i did was take pictures. I found a few QC issues but its too late anyways, Jeff knows them from the other testers.

Here is what i found on my units.

1 Screw is stripped.

The obvious gaps from the Standoffs/caps?

The dreadfully tinned wires.

The PCB is missing some layers?

One of my caps is missing Insulation (?)

Solder on the standoff thingy, a dirty and scratched whatever it is.
In general mine were pretty dusty and full of lint.

A not fully seated UART Port and a bent PWM Pin.

Both Neoboxes already had minor scratched on the outside finish.

So if i had to rate this neobox in it’s current state it would be a 4/10. Wouldn’t buy again in its current state.

If i knew how my situation would end, i wouldn’t have joined it and waited the 1-2 weeks more to get the production unit with all the Upgrades for the same money.

I thank everyone who laughed with me and hoped for the best. Now i gotta test them and hopefully not kill me.

Edit: @Sn4Pz I had no Solder balls and no weird liquid on my boards.

39 Likes

Christ those issues are yucky.

One of my capacitors had the same issue, but it was covered by tape.

Sorry to hear about their poor initial impression :frowning:

I think you deserve an upgrade to the production batch or a refund. I personally wouldn’t feel good about running them :confused:

9 Likes

CNN reporting live:

Hi Kathy, so yeah, og focboxes are now fluctuating in prices, we’re expecting to see them grow exponentially in value

That was Dean, reporting live from Washington DC.

So I’m selling two focboxes 250 euros each. Pm me

17 Likes

same, let’s all flood him with paypal chargebacks simultaneously!!!

1 Like

I also noticed that my phase wires are crunchy while moving.

3 Likes

Pretty much at the same point, I’ve been thinking about going to the MayTech SuperFOC on LHB’s Recommendation. Either that or just biting the bullet and buying the Trampa Vesc 6 and being done with it.

Edit: A thought occurs, probably end up going with the SuperFOC’s (6.8) and going Stormcore once those release and keep the 6.8’s for another build later on :slight_smile:

Wish I was already in Texas (few more years), having this anxiety of loosing time to ride my board up here in North Dakota (cause winter sucks) is making me less patient than normal.

5 Likes

Yeah It’s honestly seeming more likely than not that I will be cancelling/ refunding/ issuing a chargeback whatever needs to be done to get out. I doubt we will be getting anything any time soon and his effort to provide us with information is beyond lackluster which leads me to believe he doesn’t even think the dates will be nearing.

So why not do this en masse right? when do we start?

(Fast forward to me crying looking at the available ESC options to complete my build :sob: :sob:)

4 Likes

That’s not good at all. Too much solder wicked up the wire most likely. This is a huge cause of mechanically induced electrical failure.

6 Likes

could that be why the pcb looks all jacked up and crusty in the middle layer. Think the solder got fed into the board??

2 Likes

I feel that - I get the winter curse here too so can’t be waiting all summer for an ESC.

I think that’s more due to the missing layers in the pcb. Jeez these look bad. QC definitely needs to be reviewed.

Are people still on that telegram channel with Jeff? Any word over there?

6 Likes

All of us are but no word from Jeff since the 7th

Last thing he talked about was not to spend time here for now after he seemingly got some nasty comments according to him.

1 Like

Yeah I would hold off on that in case it does freeze his account and all the money gets held. Message him privately first for refund if probably what I would do.

8 Likes

I emailed Jeff asked for a refund, but he replied that his paypal is already locked… or what ever happens when too many chargebacks are issued… and added that once he resolves the “problem” then he can refund me. So yeah…

2 Likes

What would happen if we filed a charge back with his account locked? PayPal keeps the money?

1 Like