Need Tire Suggestions 200x50

To me the decision comes down to how much impact absorption you want to have. While both options have great balancing properties, the CST 200mm tires will absorb impacts better than the SKP 175mm tires.

1 Like

Lol I’m gonna get crucified.

It’s an old school mbs atom I got for free, half the parts on this build were super budget, wife got me one matrix 3 and my kids got me the other matrix 3 for my birthday or I would still be on the free spring channel trucks that were 20 years old lol. Got some cheap sunmate hubs and 155x50 tires but the tires wobble a bit and look tiny on the wide matrix III

1 Like

My wife quit her job to start her own business and I got two kids in private school, I scrounge what I can for parts for toys lol

1 Like

I do enjoy a smooth ride, might go with the larger then

On that deck it’s really up to you. Smaller tires will be lighter and a little more nimble. The SKP tires are grippy any comfy. 8” tires would be good too. I don’t think you’d be unhappy with either choice.

I like the CST 8”. Definitely the best balanced tire I’ve ridden so far. Smooth ride no doubt, but will wear faster because they’re a slightly softer tire.

2 Likes

Surprised that no one mentions the speed/torque difference when going from a 200 to a 175 … Pretty heavy speed difference going on there.

I ride both sizes , on two different decks. I got one long range deck which needs to be comfy ; so the 200 CST’s on that one. The short range carvy deck i ride with the 175’s. Got different motorpulleys on each deck to get the torque/top speed similiar.

Before i had just 1 deck ; when i went from 175 to 200 i always used to change the motorpulley aswell to change/ compensate the difference in top speed/torque going on when changing this geometry :face_with_monocle: