Need Tire Suggestions 200x50

What trucks and deck are you using. Some pics of your current set up might be helpful for a riser recommendation.

1 Like

I ran 3d printed risers for my MBS Matrix 2 trucks without issue. Ran 13mm straight ones for a while, then swapped to 5* angled ones. No problems on either.

1 Like

I am rocking the mbs matrix II on a mountain board deck. I can send some pictures later when I get home

Do you have the file? I know people with access to 3D printing

Just scale to whatever height you need

2 Likes

I have also had good luck with Kendas, 850 miles on my current set with plenty of life left in em. Fairly hard riding too.

3 Likes

CST street tires are awesome. Not quite as durable as Kendas but more comfortable imo.

2 Likes

Kendas lasted a good while for me. Got mine prob over 1k miles, still have decent treads on them. Granted Iā€™m not a carver guy.

While Iā€™m an edge case, I still vote +1 for Kendas. When my custom Kaly was my raceboard, they were my tires of choice. They lasted substantially longer then any other 8" tire I tried, lasting me 4~6 weeks/set.

I ended up just buying 30 last year to get a bulk discount, as I knew that I was going to be tearing through them(I guessed the number well, as I put on my last set right as I finished my proper raceboard build a couple weeks ago)

Hereā€™s a photo of my used tire stack(every tire is ridden down to the cords)

Plus, they make a fun screeching sound when you push the limits of traction

3 Likes

Curious how those 200x50CST tires above have held up on comparison, the lack of tread depth has me pausingā€¦ I just had 2 out of 4 HOTA tires that were completely unusable, had an issue with the bead so that I could not get it to seat properly. found this which has me interested, itā€™s a CST but 190x50 and the tread depth looks decent.

>FROM HERE<

1 Like

200x50 CSTs are softer than Kendas, but when I tried the 190x50 they felt a bit harder like a Kenda.

The main thing I remember about the 190s is that they donā€™t stretch very well.

1 Like

Who would be interested in a 200 x 75 tubeless tire or system?

5 Likes

Iā€™m torn between alienExpress cst 200x50 or 190x50 and skp 175x50ā€™s

What should I do?

Anyone have a side by side of skps and cst?

What are you looking for most in a tire? CSTā€™s will be softer/cushier. Canā€™t compare grip because I havenā€™t used both to compare. Is potential wheelbite a problem?

Iā€™d say Iā€™m mostly concerned about roundness and balance, even though my sunmate hubs wobble with no rubber in themšŸ˜ž Iā€™ll upgrade those later, I donā€™t ride far so treadlife isnā€™t a concern really, I might see 100-150 miles a year

1 Like

The SKP 175mm and the cst 200mm tires both have excellent balance on most hubs (except trampa).

You just need to choose if you want a 7ā€ or 8ā€ tire.

1 Like

Appreciate that, anyone have 7"vs 8" photos?

My sunmates are trampa clones, so they cloned the wobbles with it

Lots of pics on the forum. Use the search function

Haha I knew that was coming from someone, I was hoping for a side by side comparison and someone who had used both to tell me whatā€™s better. Not going to easily find that in the search box.

Iā€™ve owned both. There is no ā€œbetterā€ between them. Itā€™s just personal preference.

What board is it going on? Might be able to tell you what Iā€™d do if I knew the board.