Need help with the foc box!

Hey all!

I got a raptor 2.1 off of my friend. I was going to use the components for my DIY project. BUT.
When i try to connect focboxes to pc via usb cable, it doesn’t show up. I checked online. It may be bricked but i couldn’t find the solution. And tried multiple usb cables.

Soo, any help is appreciated!

Thanks

2 Likes

get a nrf52 module then program it through uart

if it is bricked then sell the module and the focbox together

1 Like

What operating system is your computer running?

There are charge cables and “sync” or “data” cables. There isn’t a way to tell them apart from the outside (unless checking pin continuity or X-ray imaging) so you have to be extra sure you’re using a data cable. I’d buy a new cable specifically marked as Data.

1 Like

or just don’t keep any charge cable around :rofl: data cable has to have those power pins, that makes life so much easier if there is only one “type” of cable

1 Like

All the cables in our place I’ve painted an “I” or an “X” on the USB-A end based on if it’s data or charge, respectively

2 Likes

I tried on mac and windows.

Thats what i did. I tried every cable in my hand then went to buy a data transferable cable. Still no chance

have you seen it run?

Is it connected to an operable battery?

do the LEDs on the FocBox light up?

1 Like

to continue on with kook’s line of quesitoning…

Is there a blink code involving the red led?

2 Likes

hopefully not the three red blinks of death

1 Like

That’s the one n my mind. ugh. hate that one.

1 Like

I’ve found a few that will connect to the 'puter and the VESC tool, even with a DRV (three blinks of death) error…

some

I’m guessing if he ever saw it run…
either the battery is too low, or he has a COM port issue…

do you hear the bing-bong of connection when you plug in the USB to a powered FocBox?

@kook yeah i’ve run it for 3-4 days it was running pretty good.

And definitely not hearing “bing-bong” sound when i plugged it in.

@longhairedboy there is no lights are indicated rather then that power light(blue)

the no-bing-bong of death. Sounds like a COM issue to me too.

2 Likes

why not just have all data cable to save ur time? I know sometime certain device comes with those power only cable, but there is really no point to keep em around :eyes:

1 Like

can you try a different USB port? You probably have a COM port issue

no bing-bong… no connection to the 'puter

either you have to sort out your data cable, reconfigure your COM port, the FOCBOX USB connection is bad, or try a different non MAC 'puter…

same issue if you plug it into the other FocBox?

1 Like

i save all the cables that come with ESCs because of this.

4 Likes

Tried 6 of them but still. No sign of connection