Need help finding a 10S3P for cheap. On a tight budget

I’m so very grateful for suggesting chinahobbyline, I hadn’t seen them before and my god there’s some cheap stuff there. Getting very excited about my new lipo life

1 Like

Found them on RC forums. Generally considered very good value for money and have descent reviews.

1 Like

You forgot to mention your Juicero, you sophisticated modern man.

1 Like

Looks like you could make it work. IS there a cover that goes over the battery?

I’m going to redo them. Potted them intending to later drill the p groups and balance but the drilling doesn’t make good connections I’ve come to find. So will sink them all with the bms.
They’re potted in clear resin

For safety potting seems best. I could throw it down the street.

2 Likes

Just click on my my username in this thread and click on the button on the top right of the dialog box to see just my posts.

No I really forget to mention the iTurd hanging out of my pocket

1 Like

Ok, you think you can show pictures how you did it?

You potted the venting disks of each cell too? That could get exciting if a cell ever failed. :scream:

1 Like

I might open my enclosure at some point in the next few days. I will take some. Might make a video if people are interested.

1 Like

Shit I’m gonna be one of them that will need a video for sure, since you convinced me to switch to lipos

What’s the max speed and mileage on your setup?

Funny u mention that abs been wondering. But many places pot cells

I was inspired by this one I had. Luna Wolf V2 52v Battery Pack - Luna Cycle

I use a soft pu resin. Not so hard

Grin bikes, Jason who runs endless-sphere, did some tests shorting potted cells. It didn’t get exciting really.

1 Like

Top speed is 42ish mph. range is 20-22 miles on 8 inch pnuemetic tires at 50psi. Battery is 360wh but I am 165 pounds and mostly just cruise at 18-20mph.

Somewhere there was a big discussion about the risks here but nobody ever came to any conclusions if I recall correctly

1 Like

So with the total lipos how many volts your getting or Amps I should say

Be aware that lipos don’t last very long and are the most dangerous option. They do have other benefits though.

Its really not that difficult dude. Do you have a basic understanding of electronics? Do you know what series and parallel connections are? Do you have a multimeter?

1 Like

You forgot “can you solder”

naked wires twisted with electric tape dude. YOLO