Need help finding a 10S3P for cheap. On a tight budget

What you recommend I set the motor to

I would’ve liked to get more but that can always become a reality when I get more better budget to afford a better battery and ESC

When you set up the ESC it detects your motor and estimates a maximum for the motor. A 6374 is usually good for ~70A I think, but I’ll let someone else suggest a safe value for the flipsky because I can’t remember off the top of my head sorry

Ok, I just want the best optimized performance for that ESC and motor

Those are lifepo4 cells. 12s on those is about 10s liion

Again, you can set the settings as high as you would like but that will most likely kill the ESC. If you do not want to kill your $100 ESC within the first ride, set the battery amps to 25A, and maybe do 50 motor amps.

2 Likes

Dont know what that esc is capable of. And then u could maybe heatsink it for less chance it’s damaged, if ur within the recommended voltage temp is the only obstacle

Most people want real torque. On hubs I set both motors to 80 amps.

Even if u set the esc to higher battery amps it’s possible you wont be getting there anyway. Actually 30 amps is not much though for the whole vehicle but even then I’ll only hit maybe 50 for seconds and I’m 150lbs and like to race hills and ride fast.

Yeah I don’t think OP is at the point of worrying about that yet. Looks a bit out of budget (still a good price from seller) and the calculations so far are all based on 10S LiIon anyway so may as well just leave it at that

Is that what i should set for the maximum discharge or continuous

1 Like

Should I stick with 30A then, even with it being on 20A I’m getting a decent speed and mileage

I think 10s is the best. I’ll stick with the settings on the speed calculator

You’re correct but it’s probably not very helpful for a noob/first build, especially with this ESC. We’re just trying to make sure OP doesn’t blow up their gear half a mile out the door because of flipsky and their shitty marketing

1 Like

After you run the motor detection, go into the general>current tab and set the circled numbers to what you see in the picture.

2 Likes

For both the motor and VESC

Never mind, thank you

1 Like

I work full time (60hr weeks) so I cant set definite dates, but I can build you a 10s3p out of m26 cells (18650). You only get 30a max from it so your vesc would be “safer”. I’ll include a smart bms and what ever xt connection it needs. I can do it for $200 shipped. May take a couple of weeks though (2 weeks give a little).

2 Likes

u r looking at a a123 batter pack instead of @AviatorEsk8er’s meepo pack, i would grab the a123 pack in a heartbeat if i had the money

1 Like

The FS 4.12s can do 25 battery amps all day. 30a if you are feeling jiggy

Sadly I don’t got the money. I spent well over 300$ in parts so I really don’t got a option here

I heard P42A cells are top quality how are the M26 cells?