(Need advice) UltraLight | USB Type C | 12s1p p42a | Single Drive

But stylish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s been done before, plenty of laptops used USB PD which can push a lot of amps, as well as someone used a magsafe connector to charge before too lol

1 Like

Jaykay uses type c and exway uses magsafe, both are actually unique in their own ways :eyes:

1 Like

Usb c is rated up to 20V@5A=100W
21s1p p42A charge 50.4@4.2A=211.68W

So charges just under 1/2 speed - the buck converter efficiency

2 Likes

It’s boost, not buck. Boost = up voltage down current, buck is downvoltage, same current usually

5 Likes

And a buck-boost is veritable

1 Like

Yes lol

1 Like

I was waiting for someone to say this lol

1 Like

did some weird firmware thing and kept cutting out. Might have been the battery, I will try a new batt later today

3.62, you’ll never have problems.

1 Like

Yeah, I could consider hub motors. I am doing my own build because I have a good bit of parts at home already so will be cheaper than a backfire mini or something.

1 Like

ok I will try it. What vesc tool version is that?

1 Like

1.25 I think, @pookybear sent me the file way back

1 Like

okay yeah, that is usually what I use as recommended by mark

1 Like

I’m using this one on Karam’s recommendation and I haven’t had any issues either since installing. Smart reverse on it works fine too if you are using a UART remote

2 Likes

Yeah I second this advice, I had to switch to 50mm motor on the Venom Magnums because clearance was just too tight with 63mm motor

4 Likes

What battery you re going to use and is it plane-safe?

1 Like

12s1p p42a

Not airplane friendly

1 Like

Yeah but 2x 6s1p P42A is, about 89Wh each. You could do 2 seperate 6s BMSs and charge each block at 100W as long as you seperate them, I’d look into using the loop key between the 2 blocks and have it covere the 2 USB ports

1 Like

Lol yeah, that was the original plan. Just don’t want to deal with 2 bms and the enclosure isn’t gunna be easy to remove.