(Need advice) UltraLight | USB Type C | 12s1p p42a | Single Drive

Yo! I am currently working on a board that is super light and portable. I need some suggestions on some parts. I have a lot of the same goals as @kntzn 10 pound commuter.

Desired Specs:

22+ mph
8+ miles
under 12 lbs
under 28 inches long
USB C charging
Decently powerful single drive

Already selected components components:

• 12s1p p42a built by the homie @Skyart

• Focbox from @KaramQ if I can get it to work properly

• Caliber 2 trucks

I am open to suggestions for everything else

I am looking for a single drive motor that has a good balance between weight and performance. I currently have an old maytech 6374 that I could use, but I thought someone might know a better option.

Also any recommendations for deck/enclosure? Again, I want something light, and under 28.5 inches. Enclosure wise, I might just 3d print. I have been looking at the 121c orbiter, but it is a bit expensive for such a low cost build. LMK if you have any genius ideas that I missed.

Wheels wise…I am thinking 85mm cags, 80mm kegs, or 83mm abec clones. I already have the cags and the clones, but I only have pulleys for the clones.

Shoutout to the shortboard master @b264 for talking with me about ideas for this board.

Also thanks to @PrivacyDoctor to helping with the type c charging

6 Likes

So usb c rated to 19v at 5a max you going to install a buck converter inside the board?

1 Like

yeh a boost converter is going to be installed

2 Likes

12s1p I would split the enclosure to Battery enclosure and ESC Enclosure Especially if you print them

1 Like

Like two compartments or two separate pieces.

78mm magnums

7 Likes

Yeah @b264 was recommending them as well. Need ur pulleys lol. Brian teased me with a pic, but won’t give em up…

3 Likes

I have a used 32T pulley available

I’d suggest you make the lowest profile motor mount you can tho

5 Likes

I was planning to use the new bkb mount, but if that won’t work, I can just mill one out real quick

If you’re looking for an Aileron, i have a few new but scuffed from shipping ones. $80 USD + shipping. There are 6 pre drilled holes for our enclosures tho.

3 Likes

Ooo. I would be interested. Do you have any orbiters? And do you have the enclosures as well?

I was going to pm you about this build, because you definitely have experience with these kind of boards.

1 Like

Drop me a PM my dude, always open. I’ll have to check if there are any Orbiters lying around. I prefer them over the Aileron because I’m a short dude

1 Like

I am also pretty short, 5’ 8", still growing tho lol

PM incoming…

1 Like

Did you think about hub motors? You can’t max out a 63xx motor with an 1P battery anyway. Honestly I would suggest you do go with a dual hub motor setup. You also don’t need a VESC in an 1P setup.

This is would I would do:

Deck: choose what ever deck you like.
Battery: 12S1P P42A is a great power to weight to size ratio
Power output: 43.2Vx30A=1296W
Capacity 43.2Vx4.2Ah=181Wh results in ~10 miles of range
Size: 12x21mm=252mm results in 252x700x21mm total pack size
Weight: 12x70g=840g
Motors: Dual hub motors like MT

Truck rear: MT Caliber 2 clone

Truck front: proper Caliber 2
ESC: Lingyi or HW (would personally take LY)
Remote: LY or HW display remote (again would take LY)
BMS: 12S Daly

Costs:
Deck $100?
Hubs: 2x$90
Trucks $28 rear + $20 front
Wheels: $40
Dual ESC $40
Remote $ 40$
BMS: $20
3D Enclosure: $10?
Others: $80
Battery: $120(?)
Shipping: $100

Total: $778

It would probably machtes your weight requirements and you will get more than 8 mile and 22 mph out of this build.

Personally I wouldn’t take the hustle and just get a Backfire Mini for $600 instead. Maybe you could modify it USB charging. But that’s just me.

3 Likes

Getting a loaded x unlimited kit with 1 hub motor and using the push assist mode might be a good idea. You already have a battery tho. :confused:

3 Likes

I had this on an aileron for a month and loved it. Totally recommend. 12s1p will get much better results though, the kit uses 10s1p 25r.

1 Like

still had those enclosures lying around?

Yep, but its an ABS molded enclosure with holes for a power switch/charge port, drop me a PM, let’s not derail haha

2 Likes

Lmao wym? It came directly from the wizard then tested by @iamasalmon . What’s the problem?

1 Like

Also, this sounds crazy