'Need 4 Speed (& traction)' Track specific board build thread. And ERL updates now :)

These things are different than the toys I ride…
So awesome!!!
How long is the standing platform on both decks?

1 Like

To connect the escs? I’ve not done that before. What is more reliable?

Thanks. I’ll measure the standing platform when back in the shed. @glyphiks probably knows off top of his head though.

I don’t actually know :rofl:

Split ppm doesn’t really connect the two escs, you just split the signal wire of your ppm remote and send it to both escs.

4 Likes

Ah yes. Ok. I wonder if there’s any issues having long ppm wires? I think I’ve read that long CAN wires are no problem.

I’ve never tried split ppm so it’s entirely possible i’m giving out bad advice, pls research before doing

I think when I was reading around split ppm was used to get around stuttering issues due to input issues over CAN. A direct signal seems more reliable, don’t know about length issues. That said I plan on trying just CAN first.

How do you plan on laying out the ESCs? I’ve been told long motor wires is ok. So, going to have both ESCs on one end.

1 Like

Yeah Ive also heard long phase wires are fine. Unfortunately long sensor wires are apparently not fine on the motor version I have. If i had the latest version of the Radium Reachers the sensors were improved.

So I’m taking the risk of longer battery cables with escs at both ends, mounted on top. Glyphiks ran leads with this in mind and tried to minimise length.

I have done a 4wd in the past with escs at both ends of battery enclosure, but also was less power and not as long. Edit, now i think about it, I had loop keys at both ends of board mounted in the truck risers so they were fairly long.

3 Likes

You can’t run the pro firmware on the regular model, because the way it measures current also changed… but the firmware only needs to be the same version (ie 5.3) to run canbus. You could do 4wd with a vesc 6, focbox, 4.12 and a M100 over canbus for example

3 Likes

Ah sweet. Thanks very much!

1 Like

Good to know!

3 Likes

Standing platform between the drops is 29 inches.

3 Likes

She ready for a test run on 2wd and minipeen 12s5p. Have to be tmw now.

Maybe a month before 4wd ready but should have the 12s8p in a week or so :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

The maxipeen is coming.

It’s my first job in the morning to get that thing on it’s way :muscle::eggplant:

1 Like

I’m very interested to see this go up against the SRB esc lipo + xlx boards.

You’re talking about 7,500w per motor in the rear and 2,500w in the front. That’s a crazy amount of power. Seems like it should be well within the power range of the lipo+mamba approach.

5 Likes

Gotta get the fucken thing to work. VESC Tool doing VESC things ATM and doing my head in. About to open a thread to try rectify.

2 Likes

I feel like >50% of the vesc issues I’ve seen rcently are all on maker x stuff.

5 Likes

Just got it working with some different strategies haha. Ran detection again via USB then input detection wouldn’t work as apparently needed to update FW so i plugged in Bluetooth reciever and setup remote via app and all is now working. Weird stuff.

3 Likes

Getting there. Runnig in 2wd while I wait for my new front motors. Will have the same box on the front, some custom griptape and front binding then good to go.

In its current form I should be able to challenge for Lead Thumb challenge I hope. Just need to find the time now.

12 Likes

Daaamn looking good. That’s a pretty sweet box, custom?

Would love to see more shots from different angles.

2 Likes