Nano16s super tiny configurable BMS

visualize the balancing from the led for the first time is pretty amazing,
You can see the chip selectively jump balance from different cell group to prevent overheating in certain area, and maximum of 6 cells are being balanced simultaneously, even in the worst case scenario where 15 cells waiting for one slow cell, the chip knows to jump between each 6 group.

8 Likes

the nano16s next to a 21700 cell for size reference.

10 Likes

Ultra flat mx1.25 connector makes the PCBA so thin,(3.6mm)

6 Likes

Size compared to a normal 2170 cell

16 Likes

:exploding_head::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes: uuuuh you need testers lol?

7 Likes

This is really awesome!

How much does that connector stand up to heavy vibrations?

3 Likes

the Flexibms has some competition! it’s crazy to see how small you made it ! smaller = more battery space and that is what we want :hot_face:

2 Likes

When does the first stock arrive?

1 Like

Suspecting mid of June for the first batch if everything goes well during the test, price will be around 27$+shipping.

7 Likes

later when it is a bit more balanced.

3 Likes

how many do you think will be available? will there be a limit per person ? I wouldn’t want to see a single person get like 10 lmao

1 Like

The bms is blinking like “stop watching bitch just lemme do my thing”
So if you notice 1 led is not turning on for a long time, that cell is lagging behind.
If 1 led keeps turning on, that cell probably has low capacity or lost p count, you might check from there, or hell, buy a proper spot welder so you dont worry about half-ass welding no more.

4 Likes

Probably 100-200 units, gonna stock like 2000 empty PCBs so we can make it flexibly to demand consider the IC price are fluctuating pretty hard lately.

1 Like

Oh wow okay thats good to hear! Everyone will be able to get multiples then I guess

2 Likes

Will it be able to turn off the balancing and just charge balance only and just monitor each cells voltage, maby make PCB smaller pit ics on other side as well?

Nice!
The other side of the circuit board has components? Is it relatively flat or do any components really stick up over the others?

I’m wondering if the board can be mounted up against cells, especially more delicate pouch cells, or whether we will need something between the board and the cells.

they are relatively flat in the back, we decide to make a aluminum shield for this pcb, so it can be placed with the cells or pouches without having to worry about stuff sticking out and short stuff

3 Likes

the balacing is not always on, it only starts when the charge is nearly done

Can you make it so it does not balance?

@x-bms this is a very important note!
vibrations in super key to look at, that and water is what kills sooo much of our stuff.
I normally glue the balancing wires at the base to its connector and I lightly glue in the connector as well
I nearly always change out the balancing wires to high quality silicone wires. and that is both time-consuming and a pain to do.
So dont cheap out on the quality of the balancing wires, and keep them nice and long.

and if you in some way shape or form can make it so that we can monitor the p-groups through an app. or even better get notified when something is wrong.

2 Likes