Name coming later : Evolve bamboo GTX deck | dual Flipsky 6354 | TB218 | 12s4p p42a |

Hey!
It will be my first DIY board, so please be gentle! :smiley:

Intro/Motivation:

I was trying to cheap out, than realised it wont happen.
So the “original” idea was to make a 2 in 1 board with enough power for me.(I am over 100kg)
In my city the roads are like swiss cheese, so when I talk about the street mode please understand that those wheels are at least 100mm.

Components

Deck: It will be a bamboo deck for evolve GTX. I like the shape and drop through design. The difference is the enclosure. I wont use the long merged cover, but I will make the board front heavy, by separating the batteries and the controller enclosure.

Battery: I went with the best : @tinp123 's services 12s4p with molicel p42a - it I count it right it will be 16Ah at ~50V.

Drive Train: I dont realy like dual kingpin trucks, so I was a bit lost. But thanks to @Halbj613 I got TB218s and Flipsky 6354. I hope this will be enough :smiley:

Wheels: This is where I am a bit lost. I want two set of them. One around 6-8" and one 100-120mm. (I know: Dont use two different unit of measurement, but I dont know imperial. And we usually use pneumatics and big wheels that way.) So for the bigger I tought esk8supply direct drive 6" airless wheels. And for the smaller I am thinking in Clodwheel discovery 120mm or Onsra 105mm airless.

ESC: Dunno. There is a Flipsky Dual 4.20 (not Pro) incoming, but I heard after I ordered that they dont play nice with 12s batteries.

I am open to suggestions.

Updates will come here:

3 Likes

Nice stuff

The battery can deliver a ton of amps and you will never get the full feel with a 4.2

I can recommend @torqueboards is planning on releasing a vesc soon and also his tb110 are amazing wheels for the 100-120mm ones

There are a couple other vescs but flipsky aren’t recommended

For 6 inch wheels you can either get for very cheap aliexpress wheels (40euro) and they are actually really good and can get a 3d printed pulleys for them

Cloadwheels have some issues and are generally recommended to stay away from

2 Likes

Wheels go Torque Board and for tires go 6x2s. Those are your best and most “adorable” options.

For Vesc. Look for a used focbox or a trampa if you want spend a lot :slight_smile:

Your running single motor ?

2 Likes

The battery is not only for the high power, it is for the high capacity too. I dont know how we calculate Wh (nominal or max voltage), but It will be between 700-800Wh.

I am really trying to buy things from europe, because Hungary has 27% import tax.

For the bigger wheels I know about the aliexpress ones, but I heard great things from airless tires.
As for cloudwheels, I read that for the discovery they fixed the ver1’s problems.

1 Like

Nope, dual belt setup. As for the gear ratio it depends on the chosen wheels.

I dont really want to spend too much :smiley:
Focbox and Trampa VECSs are around 300$ plus shipping. I am trying to solve it in ~ 200$.

1 Like

Good luck my dude. Try to find two used Focboxes

1 Like

Thanks! I will do that. :slight_smile: